Will you accept this rose?

Braxten Blood, Writer

The words: “Will you accept this rose?” are four important words most ladies strive to hear on The Bachelor. This season is the twenty first season and the bachelor is Nick Viall. They always say that the newest season is going to be the most dramatic, but certain events and people on this season have proven this to be true.  Senior, Riley Birk said, “I think this season is more dramatic because this isn’t Nick’s first time being on the show and because of his previous encounter with Liz at Jade and Tanner’s wedding. Corinne is also causing a lot of drama with the girls and Nick is feeding into it.”

It seems like once a viewer starts The Bachelor, they can not stop watching it. Many OHS students enjoy watching the show on Monday nights. Although the show can be controversial to some people, there is no doubt that it is dramatic and full of interesting things and people. Senior, Danika Brown said, “The Bachelor is entertaining because there are so many crazy girls that will do anything to impress Nick.” This show has been around since 2002 and has been successful ever since.

This past week on The Bachelor, the women competing for Nick’s heart started traveling around the world. They started in Nick’s hometown of Milwaukee, WI. Nick went on two one on one dates and one group date. Nick spent his dates touring his hometown and spent quality time with his family.

This past week, Danielle L. went on a one-on-one date and they toured some of Nick’s favorite spots growing up in Milwaukee. On this date, Nick ran into one of his ex-girlfriend’s. All three of them talked, and it was ultimately good. Later in the episode, Nick took took Raven on a one-on-one date to his sister’s soccer game. Raven met Nick’s family and following that they went rollerskating then out to dinner. Both dates were good and both girls got a rose which guarantees them another week on the show.

On the group date, Nick had the women doing dairy farm chores to see their work ethic. The drama continued with Corinne not liking the farm chores. She knows that the girls do not like her in the house, so she decides to complain to Nick about this situation. By the end of the episode there is a lot of tension built up, and Corinne threatens to0 punch her rival Taylor because she keeps talking behind her back.

It is never too late to start watching this dramatic and addicting show. The next episode is next Monday, Jan. 30 at 7:00 p.m.