Concerts in MN

Goy Tut

Teens enjoying a live concert.

Goy Tut, Writer

If students are looking for the best music performers in the country and are interested in going to concerts with friends in the summer or with family, there will be many concerts held at the Xcel Energy Center. Artists such as: Chance the Rapper, Ed Sheeran, J. Cole, Shawn Mendes and more from a variety of music genres will be making a stop in the Twins Cities. The concerts are held in the summer, so students do not have to worry about missing school or anything except enjoying nice music in an amazing arena.

Outdoor concerts are popular. There are outdoor concerts and festivals such as the  Vans Warped Tour that is hosted in Canterbury park in Shakopee,MN, The Basilica Block Party which is in downtown Minneapolis,MN and another one is a Duluth Homegrown Music Festival which is held at Duluth,MN. The concerts are always a fun time, but tickets tend to be pricy. The lowest price for the tickets are $103 for seats that are on the highest floor in the arena, and on the first floor the tickets costs $374. It ranges from the top floor being the cheapest to the bottom being the most expensive. There are some factors to keep in mind whether one is going to their first concert or their tenth.. Always dress prepared, check the weather if it is at an outside event so fans are not dressed in shorts and a t-shirt while it rains.

Wear proper shoes, especially if attending a big performance such as a Bruno Mars concert at the Xcel Energy Center on August 5 at 8 p.m, the best kind of shoes to wear are the ones that are comfortable, waterproof and durable. Check out all the food options before committing. The food will be expensive and the lines will be long, so pick the best option to make the pain worth the gain.  At most concerts they sell shirts of the artist’s album or songs they are performing, they are pretty cool with awesome designs or logos. For example a  Bruno Mars 24k Magic Tour t-shirt is $15 and a Chance The Rapper Hoodie Sweatshirt Shirt Three which is his logo is only $24. Not to mention usually only those who attended the concert can get their hands on them!

Overall, it is a fun experience enjoying the nice weather, good music, amazing atmosphere and simply enjoying nice concerts.