“A tale as old as time”

This year’s OHS musical is going to be different than others preformed in the past. For the first time ever, Director Erik Eitrheim is introducing Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Eitrheim says he chose this musical because it is something he has not done before, and it will fit well with the students that are at the OHS this year.

With 97 students auditioning, it was a very hard decision to pick which students would make the cast. After try-outs there will be 67 people involved on stage. Some of the lead actors will be Belle, played by senior Maureen Gleason, Beast, by junior Thomas Donlon, Gaston, by senior Ryan Huang, and Lefou, by sophomore Thomas Borgerding. Every day the cast will be practicing after school from 2:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sophomore Avianna Alba said, “I think it’s a great production for the whole family to come and see. I think Mr. Eithrheim and Mr. Harris did a really good job with the cast.” Alba said that almost everyone with a part is who she wanted and predicted to get it. Alba is also glad that more people auditioned this year.

Not everything will be the same as the movie though. They are adding more songs and are making it longer than the movie. Eitrheim gave us a sneak peak saying, “The show is going to be a mix of humor and romance.” Eitrheim is confident it will be a great show. The dates of the show are Feb. 20-22 at 7 p.m. and 23 at 1:30 p.m. The Sunday matinee, will be a dress up day. The audience is asked to dress up like the cast. Admission price is five dollars for students and seven dollars for adults. Activity passes will be accepted. Tickets will be on sale Saturday, Feb. 1.