Just keep swimming

OHS Girl Swimmers and Divers finish their season

October 30, 2014

The Owatonna Girls Swim and Dive team’s regular season is finished. They finished with a season record of 2-4. Junior Captain Mattie Shaver said, “I’m really proud of the girls for their hard work this season. A lot of them have beaten their goals and personal best times.” The team is gearing up for the Big 9 meet which, for divers, is on Thursday, October 30. Swimmers compete in the Big 9 meet on Saturday, November 1, at the Rochester Recreation Center. Head Coach Isaiah Fuller said, “I expect perfect races from the girls, for Big 9 and sections. We’re really working all aspects of their races and we’re looking for perfect races.” The team is expected to be in the middle of the pack for Big 9. Coach Fuller said, “Sections will be tough.” The Owatonna Swim and Dive team competes in one of the hardest sections. Their opponents for sections will include Mankato East, Northfield and Faribault to name a few. Coach Fuller commented on prospective state qualifiers. “We have three people who have a shot. Tatelyn Blazek has a shot in diving. Maria Versteeg has a shot and Mattie Shaver has a shot. But Mattie has the best shot.” The section meet will be on November 5 at the Rochester Recreation Center.