White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark: 4
- 20 ounces white chocolate Candiquick or white chocolate morsels
- 16 Oreos, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Line a 13 x 9 baking tray with parchment paper, making sure that extra paper hangs over the sides for easy lifting once chocolate is hardened. Set aside.
- Assemble Oreo cookies and crushed candy canes so that toppings are ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, break 8 ounces of white chocolate into pieces and microwave until fully melted and smooth. Be sure to stop and stir every 30 seconds so that chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Once chocolate in melted, spread onto prepared tray using a spatula or knife. White chocolate should cover entire pan in a thin layer.
- Top white chocolate with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place pan in refrigerator for 10 minutes to harden.
- As chocolate mixture is hardening, melt remaining 12 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Remove pan from refrigerator and spread remaining white chocolate over the top in an even layer, coating the entire pan.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over top of chocolate.
- Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden completely.
- Once ready, lift parchment paper by overhang and set on counter. Chocolate will lift right out of paper.
- Break into pieces by hand or using a knife.
- Bark will keep in an air tight container for up to one month if left on the counter, or will keep in the refrigerator for several months.
Recipe can be found at www.savorystyle.com