Glass: A keep you on the edge of your seat film

Glass is showing in Owatonna this weekend
Source: IMDB

Press Release Photo

Glass is showing in Owatonna this weekend Source: IMDB

Emily Beckmann, Writer

The movie Glass, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, is the next in a series of to his previous films Unbreakable (2000) and Split (2016). These show the viewer a whole new perspective on superheroes. This movie follows main characters Kevin Wendell Crumb played by actor James McAvoy, Bruce Willis as David Dunn and Samuel L. Jackson playing Elijah Price. All locked in a psychiatric unit, they discover a way to show the world who they truly are. One of the three guys uses his powers to prove his good in helping the public find the man who has been kidnapping young girls. Compared to the other two who have nothing, but bad intentions.

Glass received a 7.1 out of 10 on IMDb and a 36 percent on rotten tomatoes, showing the movie had very good reviews. Cricket bat from  IMDb.com says, “I feel like M. Night Shyamalan was so determined to surprise the audience that he forgot how to satisfactorily finish a story.” Glass definitely connects well with M. Night Shyamalan’s previous movies, but in a way, it might not satisfy audience members who have not followed along with his other two films. Senior Sam Davidson said, “I thought it was good, it really made you think about what was going to happen next.”

I feel like M. Night Shyamalan was so determined to surprise the audience that he forgot how to satisfactorily finish a story.”

— Cricket Bat

This film is recommended to an older audience that can handle a little suspense and thrill. A younger audience would not be able to understand the movie because they must pay close attention to fully understand the ending. Glass runs at two hours and nine minutes long and is rated PG-13. This movie came to Owatonna Northwoods Cinema Ten on Friday, Jan. 18, and is estimated to come out to DVD on April 3.

Emily Beckmann, Writer

Emily Beckmann is a senior this year at the Owatonna Senior High School. Outside of school she is a Wyldlife leader and is very involved in Younglife....

• Glass: A keep you on the edge of your seat film

Comparing devices

Ariana Grande’s career is soaring

Review: Escape Room

Bold and cold

Fresh Flicks