A tribute to Mr. Dan Gaworecki

OHS Teacher from 1977-2010

December 4, 2015

Mr. Dan Gaworecki at the 2009 Snow Week Pepfest being lifted up by the Teacher's Tug of War team
Photo submitted
Mr. Dan Gaworecki at the 2009 Snow Week Pepfest being lifted up by the Teacher’s Tug of War team

Mr. Dan Gaworecki taught Social Studies at OHS from 1977-2010. He then continued to sub in OHS classrooms until 2013. Mr. Gaworecki lost his battle to cancer on Dec. 3, 2015. Mrs. Erin Halverson taught with Mr. Gaworecki for 11 consecutive years. Halverson said, “I was blessed to have learned from him and spend many years holding up the wall at OHS with him. I witnessed his unfailing love for his family, became a better teacher from his example of caring and compassion for all students, and gained new respect for the bravery of those who have served our country because of his sacrifice. ”  Mr. Gaworecki was beloved by many and was a Vietnam Veteran. He taught every level of students and was known for his smile and dry sense of humor.

Principal Mark  Randall  said, “Mr. Gaworecki was a valued teacher; he connected with students, provided students with a good experience in the classroom, and was a loyal Owatonna High School teacher. He was active within our community and you would see him at many school events even after retirement. He was good, good person and will be greatly missed.”

Gaworecki is survived by his wife, three children and many grandchildren. View Full Obituary