46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
47°/ 45°
51°/ 42°
69°/ 38°

Andres Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet, this year he will take the role of editor and writer. Contreras is involved in Younglife and Wyldlife outside of school....

Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife....

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
47°/ 45°
51°/ 42°
69°/ 38°

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Homecoming Top 12 announced

Joanna Haggerty
(Top) Mitchell Seykora, Jack Strom, Jacob Ginskey, Owen Beyer, Thomas Herzog, 3rd row: Henry Hilgendorf, Ethan Armstrong, Molly Achterkirch, MaKenna Neumann, Faisal Farah, Caleb Dibble, Jackson DeGrood. 2nd Row: Ashton Kraus, Zoie Roush, Elizabeth Radel, Ava Otto, Laken Meier, Kate Sande. Front Row: Anna Cox, Mariah Cuellar, Victoria Contreras, Carsyn Brady, Emma Johnson Not Pictured: Torrin Smith
OHS has many activities planned for homecoming week. (Amanda Clubb)

Owatonna High School’s 2023 Homecoming Royalty was announced on Friday, Sept. 8.

The Top 12 Queen candidates are Molly Achterkirch, Carsyn Brady, Victoria Contreras, Anna Cox, Mariah Cuellar, Emma Johnson, Laken Meier, MaKenna Neumann, Ava Otto, Elizabeth Radel, Zoie Roush and Kate Sande.

The Top 12 King candidates are Ethan Armstrong, Owen Beyer, Jackson DeGrood, Caleb Dibble, Faisal Farah, Jacob Ginskey, Thomas Herzog, Henry Hilgendorf, Ashton Kraus, Mitchell Seykora, Torrin Smith and Jack Strom. 

Queen candidate Laken Meier said, “I honestly didn’t expect to be here, so I’m just excited for this experience.”

Candidates will be narrowed down to the Top 5 on Friday, Sept. 15 at the homecoming pep fest. Coronation of the king and queen will be on Monday, Sept. 25 at 7 p.m. in the new OHS auditorium. 

Homecoming week is Sept. 25-29. The homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, Sept. 30 in the OHS gym at 9 p.m.

About the Contributors
Amanda Clubb
Amanda Clubb, Writer
Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb loves to read, play the flute and spend time with her family and friends. She joined Magnet because she loves to write and be involved at school. Clubb is excited to be a part of the OHS Magnet staff this year and is looking forward to her junior year.
Joanna Haggerty
Joanna Haggerty, Web Designer
Joanna Haggerty is a junior this year at OHS. This year she is an active member of the OHS community. She is involved in DECA, Students for Life Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girls tennis and is a new member to Concert Choir. Outside of school, Haggerty is a member of her church choir and enjoys spending time with friends. Haggerty has no permanent plans for the future but does know she wants to attain a four year college for business and law. This is Haggerty's second year involved in Magnet and she loves it because it makes her feel more confident in her writing, photography and communication skills.