61 °
    62 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    81 °
June 17
75°/ 61°
Moderate rain
June 18
82°/ 66°
Moderate rain
June 19
67°/ 54°
Moderate rain

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

61 °
    62 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    81 °
June 17
75°/ 61°
Moderate rain
June 18
82°/ 66°
Moderate rain
June 19
67°/ 54°
Moderate rain

Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student...

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

First pepfest in the new OHS

OHS+cheerleaders+show+for+the+OHS+students+at+the+pepfest.+
Ella Highfield
OHS cheerleaders show for the OHS students at the pepfest.

Friday, Sept. 15, OHS held the first pepfest in the new OHS building. Students and faculty were very excited to kick off the new school year. Because of the rain, the pepfest was held in the OHS gym after first hour. 

OHS principal, Mr. Kath said, “I love having everyone come together and celebrate being a Huskie.” 

As the students entered the gym, the OHS pep band set the mood by playing their songs and the OHS cheerleaders performing. Once everyone was seated and ready to go, Mr. Kath spoke about the importance of celebrating the school and community. Kath said, “Homecoming is a great opportunity to celebrate each other.” The pep band performed the school song to get students in the school spirit. After all of the fall sports captains came down to the floor and updated the students on their current season and then played a game of tug-a-war. 

Emcees Ruby Garza and Ande Hunt came to the floor to tell students about the upcoming events for the week such as the football game and back to school dance. They also gave an overview of homecoming week including the dress-up days. Finally, the homecoming top 5 was announced by student council members Norah Kath and Kennedy Katzung and celebrated by the entire school. 

Many students really enjoy the pepfest Sophomore Brooke Hagel said, “I love to see everyone here and get to cheer for everyone.” Students love that they have the opportunity to celebrate school spirit and grow OHS culture. 

About the Contributors
Ava Flemke
Ava Flemke, Writer
Ava Flemke is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her second year in Magnet. Flemke has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 13 years. This is Flemke’s second year doing Big Brothers Big Sisters and her first year being a YoungLIfe president. Flemke spends her summers working at The Blast, attending YoungLife camps like Clearwater Cove, and spending time with her friends. After high school, Flemke plans to attend Aveda Institutes in Minneapolis to study esthiology. Flemke looks forward to spending her senior year in the new OHS and experiencing the new activities.
Ella Highfield
Ella Highfield, Editor
Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving Minds. Highfield joined Magnet because she took journalism as a sophomore and really enjoyed being apart of Magnet last year. Her future plans include going to a college for cosmetology school, and afterward becoming a hairstylist.