57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    66 °
    68 °
    65 °
    65 °
    64 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    49 °
    51 °
    54 °
    56 °
69°/ 39°
Heavy rain
May 1
63°/ 46°
Sunny
May 2
54°/ 48°

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

Magnet staffer 23-24
Raeghen Murry
photographer

Raeghen Murry is a senior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being involved in Magnet. Murry is involved with Track and Field in the spring. She is also involved with her church and the youth...

Magnet Staffer 2023 - 2024
Joanna Haggerty
Web Designer

Joanna Haggerty is a junior this year at OHS. This year she is an active member of the OHS community. She is involved in DECA, Students for Life Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girls tennis and is a new...

57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    66 °
    68 °
    65 °
    65 °
    64 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    49 °
    51 °
    54 °
    56 °
69°/ 39°
Heavy rain
May 1
63°/ 46°
Sunny
May 2
54°/ 48°
Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Ruby Garza is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her third year on the Magnet staff. The reason Garza decided to continue being in Magnet was because she has enjoyed her experience in the class...

Homecoming Parade 30 years and counting

The+parade+route+that+the+parade+will+follow+from+start+to+end.++
Dawn Tuchenhagen
The parade route that the parade will follow from start to end.

The Owatonna Homecoming parade is coming up on its 30th year. With Homecoming week comes the Homecoming parade. The parade will take place on Friday, Sept. 30, and take last year’s route. 

The Homecoming parade crew has been working very hard to make the parade the best it can be. Adviser Casie DeVos, along with parade chairs Cora Hess and Therasa Wunderlich and the rest of the student council have put lots of work into the parade. There are many different things that have to be done for the parade to come together. Ms.Devos said, “We started planning in July but really the last like month has been like go time.” With all the planning going on Devos is excited to see everything come together. 

The Owatonna Football team plays Rochester Century Panthers, so expect to see themes of floats that have a saying on them to coordinate to the Century Panthers. Junior Kennedy Katzung said, “It’s super fun team bonding and it’s really cool to see all the teams working together.” The parade will have 46 parts to it,  including fall sports teams, school related extracurriculars and convertibles. 

The community has helped tremendously with the parade this year. The community has donated over $10,000 to sponsor floats. There are three levels to donate for. The levels include royal blue, silver and white. The police have helped as well, along with meeting with downtown community members, businesses  and the road crew. Junior Cora Hess said “A ton of the community is involved in it, which is super cool because it involves both the school and community.”

The parade will start on Broadway near the public library and turn right at the Wells Fargo Bank then continue down Cedar and end at E. Rose St. at 1:30 p.m.

Anna Mollenhauer
Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer enjoys going on walks with her family, face time with her sister and going shopping. Mollenhauer also loves hanging out with family and friends and playing with her dog. After high school Mollenhauer is planning to attend a four year college to continue her education and major in law or business. Mollenhauer joined Magnet to learn how to improve her writing, take pictures as well as interview people and hopes to be more involved in school.