47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    40 °
    39 °
    38 °
    39 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    53 °
    57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
50°/ 43°
71°/ 38°
May 1
69°/ 47°

Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb...

Andres Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet, this year he will take the role of editor and writer. Contreras is involved in Younglife and Wyldlife outside of school....

Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife....

47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    40 °
    39 °
    38 °
    39 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    53 °
    57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
50°/ 43°
71°/ 38°
May 1
69°/ 47°

Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student...

Ruby Garza is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her third year on the Magnet staff. The reason Garza decided to continue being in Magnet was because she has enjoyed her experience in the class...

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Are you ready for it?

Taylor Swift makes history with album and movie announcements
Magnet staff member Norah Sletten posing with Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour poster.
Photo submitted by Norah Sletten

World renowned singer and songwriter Taylor Swift has been making history throughout the duration of The Eras Tour, due to her recently released film and her upcoming album 1989 (Taylor’s Version). She caught her fans by surprise after announcing multiple albums throughout the tour, but by far the most exciting is the announcement of her concert film and newest re-released album.

Taylor Swift began her successful music career in 2006 after releasing her self-titled album Taylor Swift. In the many years since, she has released ten studio albums and re-released three (Fearless, Red and Speak Now). However, she is currently in the process of re-releasing 1989 TV. 

FANS ARE “ENCHANTED” BY FILM ANNOUNCEMENT

The Eras Tour is Swift’s sixth concert tour in her 17 years being a part of the music industry. In total, the entirety of the event will have 146 shows spanning across five continents. The tour is set to become the biggest concert tour in history and has made around $2.2 billion just in North American ticket sales, and is estimated to make well over $4 billion by the end of it. 

Shortly after the album’s announcement, on August 31, Swift announced the upcoming film, Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour. This recently released concert film captures the major moments of Swift’s current tour, the ten different album eras she performed and the 45 song setlist. 

According to Variety, the film is, “Sort of Broadway, kind of psychotherapy/church, and all too well-executed.”

Swift has been praised throughout her musical career, so it came as no surprise that her fans crowded theaters, sang along and praised the film from beginning to end. Although a majority of the audience has either been to one of Swift’s concerts or seen clips, the movie broke box office records by exceeding over $100 million in advance ticket sales before it was released on October 13. The wide range of music genres, extravagant costumes and crowd interactions have made this film a must see for any and every Taylor Swift fan.  

Knudson said, “I thought it was really well done and is a great way to give everyone the opportunity to experience the concert even if they couldn’t afford tickets to go in person.”

SWIFTIE’S “WILDEST DREAMS” HAVE COME TRUE

1989 (Taylor’s Version) was announced on August 9, 2023 at her final Los Angeles show of The Eras Tour. The album will be released on October 27, 2023. 1989 TV will consist of the 16 originally released tracks from the deluxe version along with five “From The Vault” tracks. This re-release has millions of fans excitedly awaiting its release due to the fact that this specific album marks Swift’s transition from country to pop. 

OHS senior Kiley Knudson said, “I’m excited for 1989 not only because it’s a great album but also because Taylor is one step closer to owning all her music.”

To purchase tickets for the film, visit Northwoods Cinema 10, and to preorder 1989 (Taylor’s Version) and merchandise, visit Taylor Swift official website.  

Luca Gfrerer
Luca Gfrerer, Writer
Luca Gfrerer is a senior at OHS. This is her second year being a part of Magnet. Gfrerer decided to join Magnet because she has an interest in journalism and wants to improve her writing skills. She is involved in band, dance and colorguard and is a manager for the school's football team. Outside of school, Gfrerer enjoys reading, listening to music, watching movies and hanging out with her friends.