45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    49 °
April 28
48°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
49°/ 44°
April 30
68°/ 39°
Heavy rain

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Jace Forcelle is a senior at Owatonna High School. Furthermore, this is his second year in Magnet. Independent of Magnet, Forcelle is a student school board representative for the Owatonna School Board...

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    49 °
April 28
48°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
49°/ 44°
April 30
68°/ 39°
Heavy rain

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Owatonna Volleyball heads to sections

Raeghen Murry
Owatonna Volleyball fighting for the point.

The Owatonna Girls Volleyball team is on the rise. As they have a younger team it has been a rough start to the season, but they have improved and are starting to heat up. Their record is 10-16 and their Big 9 record is 4-4.

The girls have had some ups and downs this season. They are a very young team this year but are growing every day. Many of the girls have not played together before but they have started to click and work well with each other. Senior captain Samantha Bogen has led her team in a positive and successful direction. Bogen said, “We all now get along with each other very well and it helps because then on the court we aren’t always arguing or playing the blame game when we make mistakes.”

The team loves going to the overnight marshall tournament which is a big highlight for the team. Head coach Rachel Malo said, “It’s a good opportunity for the girls to see different competition, to just bond as a team and get to know each other better off of the court.”

The new facilities have had a positive impact on the volleyball team. The new gym has been one of the biggest impacts because they don’t have to worry about slippery floors and short ceilings. Malo said, “It has been the most positive change, not just our varsity team but having all four levels at the same school has been a huge bonus because we work together and play together. I am able to have an opportunity to watch all four squads and can pull players up if we need to.”

The Girls Volleyball Team starts sections on Wednesday, October 25.

About the Contributors
Averi Vetsch
Averi Vetsch, Writer
Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find her at her cabin, hanging out with friends and family and going shopping. Vetsch joined Magnet because she enjoys writing, taking photos and wants to improve her writing skills. She is planning on attending a four-year college and pursuing a future in the medical field. Vetsch is excited for her first year of Magnet.
Raeghen Murry
Raeghen Murry, photographer
Raeghen Murry is a senior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being involved in Magnet. Murry is involved with Track and Field in the spring. She is also involved with her church and the youth ministry. In her free time, you can find her watching movies, hanging with friends and family. She joined magnet for photography but then found that doing the school paper was very exciting, and she liked how it was connected with the sport activities at the school.  After high school Murry plans to go to college and major in photography and possibly start her own business.