57 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
49°/ 44°
60°/ 51°
49°/ 44°

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb...

Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at...

57 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
49°/ 44°
60°/ 51°
49°/ 44°

Magnet staffer 23-24
Raeghen Murry
photographer

Raeghen Murry is a senior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being involved in Magnet. Murry is involved with Track and Field in the spring. She is also involved with her church and the youth...

Alia Kubicek is a junior at OHS. This is her first year of Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee, Young life, and 4-H. Kubicek also plays hockey and soccer. In her free time she can be found...

Huskies punch their ticket to state

Jayden Omangi
Huskies take a team picture after their section finals victory.

The Owatonna Football team won the Section 1AAAAA championship game on Friday, Nov. 3 against the Northfield Raiders. The hard-fought win ended in a final score of 35-6. Players, coaches and fans are ecstatic about the team going to the state playoffs.

The Huskies have had a very successful season with a record of 8-2. Head coach Jeff Williams has built the program over the past 27 years. With over 200 wins during his career, Coach Williams is going back to state playoffs for the fourth time. Coach Williams said, “What I’m really proud of is how they came out in the second half and put Northfield away.” The Huskies had an early lead and kept with it throughout the whole game. Going into the second half, the Huskies were persistent and held their own. Coach Williams said, “Our culture has been awesome, and our captains have set the tone, which trickles down to our seniors.” This culture shows exactly who the team is.

Obviously, it was a huge goal of mine coming into the season and it is so surreal now that it actually happened.

— Nolan Ginskey

Senior captain Owen Beyer has made an impact all season. Friday night was no different. Beyer said, “All of the hard work we put in during the summer pays off greatly.” On and off the field, there were many celebrations. Nolan Ginskey surpassed a school record being just the second receiver in Owatonna history to run 1,000 yards in a season. Ginskey said, “Obviously, it was a huge goal of mine coming into the season and it is so surreal now that it actually happened.” Mitch Seykora was also selected to the All- State Team and will play on December 2 at the U.S. Bank Stadium.

The team came together to make one another better and continue to do so. Coach Marc Achterkirch mentioned, “We have to continue to sharpen our sword and get better at the things we do best.”

The Owatonna Huskies play St. Thomas Academy in the state quarterfinals on Saturday, Nov. 11 at noon at Woodbury High School. OHS will do a send off at 2:55 on Friday, Nov. 10 in the commons.

STATE Website for tickets

About the Contributors
Lexie Klecker
Lexie Klecker, Writer
Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball, Track, Choir, DECA, BBBS, SHOC and Link Crew. Outside of school, Klecker enjoys going to the lake, hanging out with her family and friends, shopping and playing basketball. During the summer she nannies and works at The Blast. After high school, Klecker’s future plans include playing college basketball and studying business management. She is excited to write articles and see the behind the scenes of Magnet.
Jayden Omangi
Jayden Omangi, Photographer
Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!