57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 27
58°/ 51°
April 28
49°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
51°/ 44°
Moderate rain
Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that...

Aurora Sim is a junior this year at OHS, and this is her first year on Magnet. Aurora enjoys writing, reading, and dancing. Outside of school she is in Just For Kix dance studio and The Studio in Kasson....

57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 27
58°/ 51°
April 28
49°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
51°/ 44°
Moderate rain

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

Girls basketball welcomes four new coaches

Amanda Clubb
The new OHS girls basketball coaches.

The OHS Girls Basketball team gained four new coaches this year. Head varsity coach Patrick Webb is a physical education teacher at the OMS. Assistant varsity coach Patrick Churchill is a history teacher at the OHS. Head JV coach James Dahlgren is a math teacher at the OHS. Head 9th grade coach Faith Nomeland is a special education teacher at the OMS.

Coach Webb has lots of experience when it comes to basketball and can’t wait to start coaching the girls. Webb has coached boys basketball for 13 years and nine years of those have been in Owatonna. Coach Webb said, “I enjoy coaching because I love the game of basketball and coaching has always been a passion of mine. I am looking forward to getting on the court with my team soon.”

Coach Webb has strong goals to push the girls in a successful way and wants to bring a new dynamic to the team. Coach Webb said, “I want to bring a new perspective, style, and philosophy to the team and our goals are to strive to get better every day. I believe if we come into practice everyday with that mindset, we can accomplish a lot of individual and team goals.”

The players are very excited to have a fresh start with new coaches. Junior captain Abby Shornock said, “With the new coaches comes a new system that can lead us to being at the top of the Big 9 this year.” The coaches and players can’t wait to start the season, grow everyday as a team, and accomplish their goals.

The OHS Girls Basketball team’s home opener is at. on Tuesday, Nov. 28 against Farmington 7:30 p.m in the OHS Federated gymnasium.

About the Contributors
Averi Vetsch
Averi Vetsch, Writer
Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find her at her cabin, hanging out with friends and family and going shopping. Vetsch joined Magnet because she enjoys writing, taking photos and wants to improve her writing skills. She is planning on attending a four-year college and pursuing a future in the medical field. Vetsch is excited for her first year of Magnet.
Amanda Clubb
Amanda Clubb, Writer
Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb loves to read, play the flute and spend time with her family and friends. She joined Magnet because she loves to write and be involved at school. Clubb is excited to be a part of the OHS Magnet staff this year and is looking forward to her junior year.