50 °
    50 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    44 °
    46 °
    50 °
    53 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    61 °
    58 °
May 2
50°/ 47°
Heavy rain
May 3
67°/ 43°
Sunny
May 4
55°/ 44°

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

Angel Barajas is a junior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet. Barajas joined Magnet to be able to get out the news of what is happening around the OHS, and because his first year in Magnet...

Luca Gfrerer is a senior at OHS. This is her second year being a part of Magnet. Gfrerer decided to join Magnet because she has an interest in journalism and wants to improve her writing skills. She is...

50 °
    50 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    44 °
    46 °
    50 °
    53 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    61 °
    58 °
May 2
50°/ 47°
Heavy rain
May 3
67°/ 43°
Sunny
May 4
55°/ 44°

Ava Flemke is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her second year in Magnet. Flemke has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 13 years. This is Flemke’s second year doing Big Brothers Big Sisters...

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

The Kid Laroi’s come back

The Kid Laroi finally drops his long awaited album “The First Time”.

Charlton Howard, more popularly known as ‘The Kid Laroi’, is a 20 year old rapper, singer, and songwriter. After claiming he needed a break in late 2021, he released his highly anticipated album, :”The First Time”, on Friday, Nov 10. He offered his fans a brief insight into his new album on Nov 1. by revealing the tracklist for the album.

On Jan of 2023, The Kid Laroi came out to the internet and claimed he was going to stop releasing music so that he can focus on his debut album, ‘THE FIRST TIME’. In an article The Kid Laroi said, “I made the decision that I need to take some time away from everything and focus on the next project; my debut album.” This message made fans eager for his album and look forward to its release. 

The tracklist for the album contains 20 songs with several different artists featured on it, such as: ’d4vd’, ‘Future’, ‘BabyDrill’, ‘Jung Kook’, and ‘Central Cee’. Each song has its own vibe and rhythm. The most listened to song on the album thus far is “Too Much” with an unexpected trio of The Kid Laroi, Central Cee and Jung Kook. This album has been analyzed, by NME, as a break up album; he sings about the toxic relationship he was in. However, this album was emotional and held a deeper meaning. Critics are saying that his album would have had a larger effect had he dropped it sooner. NME said, “It feels like an emotional breakthrough for Howard, but it comes just a little too late.” They analyzed The Kid Laroi’s album as an emotional album that essentially helped The Kid Laroi express his emotions.

Although he did drop the album later than anticipated, it still had a huge effect on its fans and an even bigger turnout. It was a great meaningful album. The album had great flow and gave a touching message about how breakups and fame affected his career. 

Laroi talked about his breakups, fame and his journey in becoming a star. Junior Faysal Hassan has been a fan of Laroi since his freshman year. Hassan said, “The storytelling was amazing, and the lyrics were meaningful. This album had an amazing flow and had a meaningful effect on me.” Hassan has been eager to listen to this album since earlier this year and is pleased by its outcome.

The storytelling was amazing, and the lyrics were meaningful. This album had an amazing flow and had a meaningful effect on me.

— Faysal Hassan

This album was a huge hit and had great diverse artists on it. One of the great features is the song “What’s the move?” featuring ‘Future’. After three days since the release, this album is sitting at 741.8K views. The Kid Laroi is going to perform on Friday Dec 8. at the Coca-Cola arena in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.  

This album is reaching its expectations and climbing billboard charts already. At his young age, The Kid Laroi is successful in the music industry and is reaching for higher goals in the near future. 

Ikhlas Haji
Ikhlas Haji, Writer
Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication skills. Haji is involved in DECA, Link Crew, NHS, Mixed roots and D.I.G. In her free time you'll find her watching long netflix or hulu series, spending time with her family, or joking around with friends. Haji also loves to travel. She's been to Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kenya, Turkey, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina. D.C., New York and many more. Haji is excited to meet new people and improve her writing and photography skills in Magnet.