37 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    36 °
    38 °
    41 °
    43 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    44 °
    41 °
    39 °
    38 °
    36 °
    35 °
February 24
44°/ 20°
Sunny
February 25
48°/ 32°
Sunny
February 26
62°/ 33°
Sunny

Angel Barajas is a junior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet. Barajas joined Magnet to be able to get out the news of what is happening around the OHS, and because his first year in Magnet...

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Wahlburgers opening new location in Owatonna Hy-Vee

+A+new+Wahlburger+location+featured+inside+the+local+Owatonna+Hy-Vee.+
Kennedy Schammel
A new Wahlburger location featured inside the local Owatonna Hy-Vee.

A new and exciting food option is coming into town. Wahlburgers have announced on their website that they are coming to Owatonna Hy-Vee. Wahlburgerss’ will officially be opening on Nov. 28. The talk about the new burger chain has brought a lot of excitement to town and will definitely be an interesting addition to Owatonnas food chains. 

Wahlburgers was created by Chef Paul Wahlberg and his brothers, actors Mark and Donnie Wahlberg, in 2011. The first Wahlburgers location is located in Hingham, MI. While located in 23 different states, this Wahlburgers addition to Owatonna Hy-Vee is not the only Wahlburger in Minnesota. There are currently 13 Wahlburgers locations in Hy-Vee stores across Minnesota including an upcoming one in Owatonna and Mankato. The Wahlburgers first Minnesota location was at the Mall of America in Bloomington. 

The Wahlburgers new addition will be located In our current market grill sit down area, in the front southeast corner of our store”.

— Justin Lewer

Students from Owatonna High School are excited to try to see what the hype is all about. JuniorAndy Mitchell is thrilled to have a new option to choose from when deciding where to eat. Mitchell Said, “I’ve never had it before, so I will definitely try it”. The new Walburger gives students a different option to eat during lunch. 

Owatonna Hy-Vee Store Manager, Justin Lewer, has been a big part of the franchise opening. He said, “The Wahlburgers new addition will be located In our current market grill sit down area, in the front southeast corner of our store”. The Wahlburgers’ new addition will bring a lot of excitement to Hy-Vee with a new cool spot to dine at. This addition will have many different  food items to choose from than the options Hy-Vee currently has. Lewer said, “A lot of fresh made-to-order burgers, salads, fried pickles, and french fries”. More items are expected to come later on, find more information about Wahlburgers here

The grand opening is on Nov. 28 at Owatonna’s Hy-Vee.