47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 29
48°/ 43°
April 30
72°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student...

Magnet Staffer 2023 - 2024
Joanna Haggerty
Web Designer

Joanna Haggerty is a junior this year at OHS. This year she is an active member of the OHS community. She is involved in DECA, Students for Life Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girls tennis and is a new...

47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 29
48°/ 43°
April 30
72°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Joe Zeman is a junior at OHS. This is his first year on the Magnet staff. Zeman is involved in soccer, tennis, concert choir and DECA. For work, he is a referee for both Park & Rec soccer and the Owatonna...

Ruby Garza is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her third year on the Magnet staff. The reason Garza decided to continue being in Magnet was because she has enjoyed her experience in the class...

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Adaptive Floor Hockey welcomes new coach

Coach Wolfe excited for the opportunity as new head coach.
Blake FItcher

The former OHS Adaptive Floor Hockey Team Head Coach John Scheil stepped down from his position after many years of coaching. Assistant Coach Chris Wolfe stepped in to fill the role as new Head Coach and is not looking back. Coach Wolfe is an Owatonna High School alum of the class of 2006. He attended St. Cloud State where he played rugby for the St. Cloud State Huskies. Coach Wolfe finished out his college years by attending Walden University, which is where he acquired his teaching degree.

Coach Wolfe has a deep passion for his athletes and wants to keep the program running efficiently. Coach Wolfe said, “I was the assistant for floor hockey for nine years, then our head coach resigned. I applied for it and was hoping to get it and when I did it felt like it was a natural transition. It was just one thing, I couldn’t just leave the program. I didn’t want anybody else to take it over but myself.” Coach Wolfe has been given a large role in the team’s future, and he is nothing but optimistic about that fact.

Coach Wolfe’s journey led him to being both a second grade teacher and a three sport coach. Coach Wolfe said, “I kind of did it backward. I started as a Paraprofessional at Washington Elementary and then started coaching floor hockey as the assistant. It led to me going back to get my teaching degree from Walden. Now I teach second grade at Lincoln and coach three sports for Owatonna.” Coach Wolfe is very excited for the opportunity he has been given to step up as the new adaptive floor hockey coach and especially be able to make a positive impact in his community.

The team cannot wait to start their season and go for the ultimate end goal, to be able to hoist the state championship trophy. The adaptive floor hockey team hopes to catch their first win on Dec. 14 when they face Stillwater-Mahtomedi at Stillwater High School.

Blake FItcher
Blake FItcher, Writer
Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills. Fitcher believes Magnet would give him an opportunity to become better at being a journalist. He wants to graduate high school and go to a 2-4 year college to continue his academic and athletic career. He enjoys hanging out with friends in his free time and also listening to music while going out driving with friends.