46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
47°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
51°/ 42°
April 30
69°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Jace Forcelle is a senior at Owatonna High School. Furthermore, this is his second year in Magnet. Independent of Magnet, Forcelle is a student school board representative for the Owatonna School Board...

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
47°/ 45°
Moderate rain
April 29
51°/ 42°
April 30
69°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Norah Sletten is a senior at OHS and this is her third year on OHS Magnet staff. Sletten joined Magnet because she has an interest in journalism. Alongside being a part of OHS Magnet, Sletten is involved...

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Boys Basketball shooting for success

Senior+captain+Rielly+Kleeberger+lines+up+to+take+his+free+throw.+
Ella Highfield
Senior captain Rielly Kleeberger lines up to take his free throw.

The Owatonna Boys Basketball team is very excited for the season to come. With all the new facilities and changes to the team they look to have a great first season in the new Federated Gymnasium. The Huskies have started off great with a record of 2-1. 

The team has many goals in mind this season, but their main goal is to make a run in sections. Head coach Josh Williams said, “I think putting ourselves in a great position by the time we get to late January into February and competing in the top half of our section and conference is the goal. We want to be playing our best basketball at that time.” The team is one week into the season and are off to a good start by knocking off Stillwater Area High School in the season’s opener by a score of 76-59. They followed that with a tough loss to Manato West, but were able to bounce back with a big win against New Prague with a final score of 75-51. 

With graduating a lot of seniors, it brings a lot of new opportunities and means everyone has to step into their role and be confident. With that being said I think we have the right guys to do it and will have fun doing it.

— Nolan Ginskey

With the team having zero returning starters, they are turning toward their captains and playmakers to step up and set the standard for the season. Captain Nolan Ginskey said, “With graduating a lot of seniors, it brings a lot of new opportunities and means everyone has to step into their role and be confident. With that being said I think we have the right guys to do it and will have fun doing it.”  

With the team being undersized, they will, in turn, look to make up for in speed and hustle, and hopefully run their opponents off the court. This is no easy task though as this will require nine to ten guys per game to keep the energy high. Coach Williams said, “Relentless means you have to have the mindset that you are going to do whatever it takes to bring out the best in yourself and your teammates, and that is what we need every day.” The team is very excited for the season and looks to grow as a team.

The Huskies next game is at home against Austin on Friday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m.

About the Contributors
Jack Mottl
Jack Mottl, Writer
Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends, playing video games, and spending time with his family. Mottl enjoys the outdoors a lot. He likes fishing, hiking and climbing. Mottl hopes to gain new skills in his writing and photography. Mottl joined Magnet because he thought it would be a fun experience and help improve his journalism skills. Mottl is excited for a good year of Magnet.
Ella Highfield
Ella Highfield, Editor
Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving Minds. Highfield joined Magnet because she took journalism as a sophomore and really enjoyed being apart of Magnet last year. Her future plans include going to a college for cosmetology school, and afterward becoming a hairstylist.