58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
58°/ 51°
49°/ 45°
51°/ 44°

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife....

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
58°/ 51°
49°/ 45°
51°/ 44°

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

OHS Adaptive Floor Hockey keeps the season rolling

Coach+Scott+Seykora+talking+to+his+team+during+a+timeout.+
Raeghen Murry
Coach Scott Seykora talking to his team during a timeout.

Adaptive Floor Hockey is off to a great start as they kick off the beginning of their season. They are led by two captains: senior Alexis Talley and senior Isabel Ihrke, while being coached by Mr.Chris Wolfe and Mr.Scott Seykora. As they build off of their 2022-23 season, they are looking to add more goals and victories to their record.

Teamwork is a big part of any sport and to be able to work together is very important. Talley said, “Our team goals are to cooperate with each other and learn teamwork while doing so.” While learning to work together is an essential skill, it also is nice to be rewarded by winning. Coach Wolfe said, “As we keep building, our number one goal is to win a game.” The motivation is right and to execute these goals will make a difference.

My favorite part is being able to make friends while being on a team and showing my leadership.”

— Isabel Ihrke

Adapted floor hockey is very unique because fans get to see both teams or opponents cheer each other on. The sportsmanship is like none other, and each team can come together while staying competitive. Ihrke said, “My favorite part is being able to make friends while being on a team and showing my leadership.” The overall atmosphere of the team is truly remarkable.

The highlight of the season for the team is their game at OHS. This game brings a huge crowd and tons of fans who all come together to celebrate this amazing team. Wolfe said, “Being able to promote our game at OHS brings tons of excitement, and having all the other sports teams there is a huge highlight of the year.” They will pack the stands this year on Monday, Feb. 12 at 5:00 p.m. in Federated Gym.

The Huskies’ next game is Thursday, Feb. 1 at 4:30 p.m. against Shakopee at OMS.

About the Contributors
Lexie Klecker
Lexie Klecker, Writer
Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball, Track, Choir, DECA, BBBS, SHOC and Link Crew. Outside of school, Klecker enjoys going to the lake, hanging out with her family and friends, shopping and playing basketball. During the summer she nannies and works at The Blast. After high school, Klecker’s future plans include playing college basketball and studying business management. She is excited to write articles and see the behind the scenes of Magnet.
Raeghen Murry
Raeghen Murry, photographer
Raeghen Murry is a senior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being involved in Magnet. Murry is involved with Track and Field in the spring. She is also involved with her church and the youth ministry. In her free time, you can find her watching movies, hanging with friends and family. She joined magnet for photography but then found that doing the school paper was very exciting, and she liked how it was connected with the sport activities at the school.  After high school Murry plans to go to college and major in photography and possibly start her own business.