46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
48°/ 43°
72°/ 38°

Jackson DeGrood is a senior at OHS. DeGrood loves playing Fortnite. In his freetime he plays Fortnite with senior Jayden Omangi. DeGrood’s favorite thing to do is catch a victory royale with fellas....

Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
48°/ 43°
72°/ 38°

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Snow Week Top 12 King and Queens

On Friday, Jan. 26, the Owatonna High School announced the Top 12 King and Queen for this year’s snow week. 

R – L Front Row – Andres Contreras, Nora Johnson, Luca Gfrerer, Jaedynn Tjon, Becca Nielsen, Leroy Delarosa
R – L Middle Row – Keanan Larson, Anah Packard, Emma Green, Jolee Olsen, Ava Carroll, Samantha Bogen, Danika Ringhofer, Taya Selbrade, Carsen Phelps
R – L Back Row – Reuel Borkenhagen, Justin Beman, Oran Dowling, Noah Truelson, Jayden Omangi, Leyton Williams, Garrett Karsten
Not Pictured: Carter Hanson and Madeline Walerius
(Aza Lewis)

2024 Queen Candidates are: Samantha Bogen, Ava Carroll, Luca Gfrerer, Emma Green, Nora Johnson, Becca Nielsen, Jolee Olsen, Anah Packard, Danika Ringhofer, Taya Selbrade, Jaedynn Tjon and Madeline Walerius. 

2024 King Candidates are: Justin Beman, Reuel Borkenhagen, Andres Contreras, Leroy Delarosa, Oran Dowling, Carter Hanson, Garrett Karsten, Keanan Larson, Jayden Omangi, Carsen Phelps, Noah Truelson and Leyton Williams. 

Snow Week Chairs juniors Norah Kath and Kennedy Katzung announced the Top 12. Kath said, “One thing that is really fun about snow week is that there are multiple people that are voted in because it takes into account all the OHS students besides homecoming winners, and there is a large variety of students in the group, and it is fun to see new faces every year.” 

Snow week is a fun-packed week with various activities that students can participate in, in and out of school. Katzung said, “Snow week is a pick me up in the winter, and it is not super stressful. There are lots of fun activities and different ways to get involved while in the midst of the new semester.” 

Voting for Top 5 will open Jan. 29, and will close on Jan. 31. The announcement of the students who got Top 5 will be announced Friday, Feb. 2.  Snow Week Pepfest will be held on Feb. 12. 

About the Contributors
Aza Lewis
Aza Lewis, Writer
Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively outside of school for a studio. Lewis enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and working out. Lewis hopes for the future to be on a college dance team and pursue her passion in sports medicine. Lewis is excited to see her progress in writing and see what it takes to be in Magnet and also all the behind-the-scenes work of Magnet.   
Mariah Cuellar
Mariah Cuellar, Social Media Editor
Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers for football and basketball throughout the year. This year at OHS Cuellar is involved in DECA, Link Crew, Thriving Minds and Prom Committee. Outside of school she coaches a youth competition cheer team and is a YoungLife president. Cuellar is very excited to learn new things and make new friends for her final year in Magnet.