44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
April 29
49°/ 42°
April 30
71°/ 38°
Moderate rain
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Oran Dowling is a senior at Owatonna High School, this is his first year being on Magnet Staff. He enjoys being in track, football, and Deca. He likes spending time with his friends and family, being outdoors,...

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that...

44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
April 29
49°/ 42°
April 30
71°/ 38°
Moderate rain
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Jackson DeGrood is a senior at OHS. DeGrood loves playing Fortnite. In his freetime he plays Fortnite with senior Jayden Omangi. DeGrood’s favorite thing to do is catch a victory royale with fellas....

Ruby Garza is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her third year on the Magnet staff. The reason Garza decided to continue being in Magnet was because she has enjoyed her experience in the class...

2024 Snow Week Top 5 King and Queens announced

On Thursday, Feb. 1, Owatonna High School announced Top 5 King and Queen for Snow Week which is Feb. 12 – 16. Top 5 2024 Queen Candidates are: Samantha Bogen, Luca Gferer, Anah Packard, Danika Ringhofer, Taya Selbrade. Top 5 2024 King Candidates are: Justin Beman, Andres Contreras, Carter Hansen, Carsen Phelps, Noah Truelson.

On Monday Feb. 12 a pepfest will be held in the main gym, Instead of doing skits Top 5 candidates will partake in King candidate and Queen candidate group Lip – Sync Battle.

Student Council Adviser and Teacher at Owatonna High School, Ms. Michaela Kruger is excited for Snow Week to begin.  Ms.Kruger said, “ The student body loves it and always gets a good chuckle out of it.” 

After the Lip-Sync Battle students will get the opportunity to vote and shortly after they will announce the Snow Week King and Queen. OHS Snow Week has lots of variety in games, activities and events related to Valentine’s Day that will fill the week that students can participate in, before or after school.

Snow Week King and Queen will be announced at the pepfest on Monday, Feb.12.

Aza Lewis
Aza Lewis, Writer
Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively outside of school for a studio. Lewis enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and working out. Lewis hopes for the future to be on a college dance team and pursue her passion in sports medicine. Lewis is excited to see her progress in writing and see what it takes to be in Magnet and also all the behind-the-scenes work of Magnet.