38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    36 °
    38 °
    41 °
    43 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    44 °
    41 °
    39 °
    38 °
    36 °
    35 °
February 24
44°/ 20°
Sunny
February 25
48°/ 32°
Sunny
February 26
62°/ 33°
Sunny

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Angel Barajas is a junior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet. Barajas joined Magnet to be able to get out the news of what is happening around the OHS, and because his first year in Magnet...

Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at...

2024 Snow Week Top 5 King and Queens announced

On Thursday, Feb. 1, Owatonna High School announced Top 5 King and Queen for Snow Week which is Feb. 12 – 16. Top 5 2024 Queen Candidates are: Samantha Bogen, Luca Gferer, Anah Packard, Danika Ringhofer, Taya Selbrade. Top 5 2024 King Candidates are: Justin Beman, Andres Contreras, Carter Hansen, Carsen Phelps, Noah Truelson.

On Monday Feb. 12 a pepfest will be held in the main gym, Instead of doing skits Top 5 candidates will partake in King candidate and Queen candidate group Lip – Sync Battle.

Student Council Adviser and Teacher at Owatonna High School, Ms. Michaela Kruger is excited for Snow Week to begin.  Ms.Kruger said, “ The student body loves it and always gets a good chuckle out of it.” 

After the Lip-Sync Battle students will get the opportunity to vote and shortly after they will announce the Snow Week King and Queen. OHS Snow Week has lots of variety in games, activities and events related to Valentine’s Day that will fill the week that students can participate in, before or after school.

Snow Week King and Queen will be announced at the pepfest on Monday, Feb.12.

Aza Lewis, Writer
Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively outside of school for a studio. Lewis enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and working out. Lewis hopes for the future to be on a college dance team and pursue her passion in sports medicine. Lewis is excited to see her progress in writing and see what it takes to be in Magnet and also all the behind-the-scenes work of Magnet.