66 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
June 17
74°/ 61°
Heavy rain
June 18
82°/ 68°
Moderate rain
June 19
64°/ 55°

Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student...

66 °
    68 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
June 17
74°/ 61°
Heavy rain
June 18
82°/ 68°
Moderate rain
June 19
64°/ 55°

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

Oran Dowling is a senior at Owatonna High School, this is his first year being on Magnet Staff. He enjoys being in track, football, and Deca. He likes spending time with his friends and family, being outdoors,...

2024 Snow Week Top 5 King and Queens announced

On Thursday, Feb. 1, Owatonna High School announced Top 5 King and Queen for Snow Week which is Feb. 12 – 16. Top 5 2024 Queen Candidates are: Samantha Bogen, Luca Gferer, Anah Packard, Danika Ringhofer, Taya Selbrade. Top 5 2024 King Candidates are: Justin Beman, Andres Contreras, Carter Hansen, Carsen Phelps, Noah Truelson.

On Monday Feb. 12 a pepfest will be held in the main gym, Instead of doing skits Top 5 candidates will partake in King candidate and Queen candidate group Lip – Sync Battle.

Student Council Adviser and Teacher at Owatonna High School, Ms. Michaela Kruger is excited for Snow Week to begin.  Ms.Kruger said, “ The student body loves it and always gets a good chuckle out of it.” 

After the Lip-Sync Battle students will get the opportunity to vote and shortly after they will announce the Snow Week King and Queen. OHS Snow Week has lots of variety in games, activities and events related to Valentine’s Day that will fill the week that students can participate in, before or after school.

Snow Week King and Queen will be announced at the pepfest on Monday, Feb.12.

Aza Lewis
Aza Lewis, Writer
Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively outside of school for a studio. Lewis enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and working out. Lewis hopes for the future to be on a college dance team and pursue her passion in sports medicine. Lewis is excited to see her progress in writing and see what it takes to be in Magnet and also all the behind-the-scenes work of Magnet.