38 °
    37 °
    37 °
    37 °
    36 °
    35 °
    35 °
    34 °
    33 °
    33 °
    36 °
    38 °
    41 °
    43 °
    45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    44 °
    41 °
    39 °
    38 °
    36 °
    35 °
February 24
44°/ 20°
Sunny
February 25
48°/ 32°
Sunny
February 26
62°/ 33°
Sunny

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Andres Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet, this year he will take the role of editor and writer. Contreras is involved in Younglife and Wyldlife outside of school....

Sections start for OHS Girls Hockey

Owatonnas+own%2C+freshman+Norah+Cederstrom+skates+with+puck+around+net.+
    Jayden Omangi
    Owatonna’s own, freshman Norah Cederstrom skates with puck around net.

The Owatonna Girls High School hockey team is coached by head coach Tony Cloud and assisted by coaches Mike Vetsch and Wilson Anderle. The team is ending the regular season with a record of 13-11-2. 

The girls’ team is fast approaching sections with the first game of sections being on Feb. 7. The team received the fifth seed. The girls will travel to play the fourth seed Mankato East. 

The team has had a long season thus far. Their last regular season game was on the road against Mankato East which ended in a loss. They get to play against them again but this time it’s an even bigger game since it’s potentially season-ending. The girls are ready to play them again. Senior captain Izzy Radel said, “I am excited to have a rematch because the last two games have been very close against this team.” 

The girls have come a long way since the beginning of the year and this season has had highs and lows. The team has grown every day since the start of the year. The expectations are high going into sections. Anderle said, “I want the team to play their best game every section game.” The girls have put lots of time and effort into the team. 

With sections coming up the intensity and emotions are high along with everything else. The girls have been working hard and hope to make a run in sections. Coach Wilson Anderle said, “The girls are working hard and are starting to get some wins here.”The girls’ practices have gotten harder and are working on and off. As they prepare for sections they are doing what they can to be ready. Senior Zoie Roush said, “If we keep up how we are doing we will be fine, we need to get those shots on the net and crash the net.” 

The girls will travel to All Seasons Arena in Mankato to take on Mankato East on Feb. 7 at 7:00 p.m. 

About the Contributors
    Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer enjoys going on walks with her family, face time with her sister and going shopping. Mollenhauer also loves hanging out with family and friends and playing with her dog. After high school Mollenhauer is planning to attend a four year college to continue her education and major in law or business. Mollenhauer joined Magnet to learn how to improve her writing, take pictures as well as interview people and hopes to be more involved in school. 
    Jayden Omangi, Photographer
    Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!