47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 29
48°/ 43°
April 30
72°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
April 28
48°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 29
48°/ 43°
April 30
72°/ 38°
Moderate rain

Oran Dowling is a senior at Owatonna High School, this is his first year being on Magnet Staff. He enjoys being in track, football, and Deca. He likes spending time with his friends and family, being outdoors,...

Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

A Winter Wonderland themed Pepfest

OHS+Winter+Cheerleading+team+doing+their+routine+during+the+pepfest.+
Joanna Haggerty
OHS Winter Cheerleading team doing their routine during the pepfest.

On Monday, Feb.12th, OHS held the Pepfest to start snow week. Students and faculty members were excited to kick off the week and find out who won Snow King and Queen.

The OHS Pepfest started off by the cheer team showing us a routine that they have been working on. They will be showing the routine once again at the Boy’s Basketball game on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Main OHS gym. Juniors Norah Kath and Kennedy Katzung were the emcees, they were the ones who put it all together and announced all of the events and candidates. 

Junior Katzung said, “I thought it was really fun because I’ve never done anything like this before and it taught me a lot of new skills.”

As soon as the cheerleading did their routine it was followed by the Top 12 candidates doing a fun balloon game to see the last one standing. Shortly after the Top 5 candidates did their Lip Sync Battle. Each candidate got to personalize a fun dance to show in front of everyone. Students then heard from each of the winter sports captains as they talked about their season and any upcoming events. 

2024 Snow Week Queen Danika Ringhofer and King Justin Beman (Ella Highfield)

After it was the moment everyone had been waiting for who was the Snow Week King and Queen. Each Top 5 candidates had a box placed in front of them and whoever got the golden balloon was the king and queen. 

The balloons revealed Justin Beman as Snow Week King and Danika Ringhofer as Snow Week Queen for 2024.

I think it’s an honor to be recognized by your peers in such a positive and spirited way. I’m glad that I have made many good and impactful relationships with people here.

— Danika Ringhofer

Snow King Beman said, “It was pretty cool being king because just having everyone show support was cool.”

Snow King Beman did his lipsync with the song “I’m Just Ken” from the Barbie movie and Snow Queen Ringhofer did the song “Lip Gloss” By Lil Mama.  

Snow Queen Ringhofer said, “I think it’s an honor to be recognized by your peers in such a positive and spirited way. I’m glad that I have made many good and impactful relationships with people here.” 

Congratulations to our Snow Week King and Queen and all of the other candidates as they performed their lip sync battle! The kick-off off the start of a great week.

About the Contributors
Victoria Contreras
Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that being in Magnet will help her achieve that. It is also a great way to see what other students are doing and getting to know more about the school. Contreras is involved in YoungLife, Thriving Minds, Girls United and Track and Field. Outside of school, she enjoys hanging out with her friends and family, being active, shopping and watching Rom Com movies. She is excited to get started and see what her last year has to offer. 
Ella Highfield
Ella Highfield, Editor
Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving Minds. Highfield joined Magnet because she took journalism as a sophomore and really enjoyed being apart of Magnet last year. Her future plans include going to a college for cosmetology school, and afterward becoming a hairstylist.
Joanna Haggerty
Joanna Haggerty, Web Designer
Joanna Haggerty is a junior this year at OHS. This year she is an active member of the OHS community. She is involved in DECA, Students for Life Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girls tennis and is a new member to Concert Choir. Outside of school, Haggerty is a member of her church choir and enjoys spending time with friends. Haggerty has no permanent plans for the future but does know she wants to attain a four year college for business and law. This is Haggerty's second year involved in Magnet and she loves it because it makes her feel more confident in her writing, photography and communication skills.