47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
48°/ 43°
69°/ 38°
Heavy rain
May 1
67°/ 47°
Sunny

Ethan Armstrong is a senior at Owatonna High School. He participates in baseball, football, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the musical and Concert Choir. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends,...

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student...

47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
48°/ 43°
69°/ 38°
Heavy rain
May 1
67°/ 47°
Sunny

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Thank you, next album

Press Release Image from Republic Records
Ariana Grande has officially announced her seventh studio album, “Eternal Sunshine.”

On Dec. 27, pop music sensation Ariana Grande confirmed to her 380 million Instagram followers that her seventh studio album will be released in 2024. The album—officially titled “Eternal Sunshine”—will feature a total of 13 tracks. To begin this new era of music, Grande released the album’s first single, “Yes, And?” on Jan. 12. This new single became Grande’s eighth number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. 

“Eternal Sunshine” will be the first time Grande has released an album since 2020. In 2020, she released “Positions,” her sixth studio album. The genre of Grande’s new album is rumored to be R&B. In a meeting with her label, Republic Records, she said, “It’s kind of a concept album because it’s all different heightened pieces of the same story, of the same experience.” 

Fans have been waiting anxiously and excitedly for Grande’s comeback to the music industry. Senior Alayna Wannarka said, “I was a big fan of Ariana’s music throughout my childhood. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for her fans this year.”

Although Grande has not released a new album within the past four years, she has not been short of work. In December 2022, the soon-to-be-released “Wicked” film began its production. Alongside other talented names like Jonathan Bailey and Cynthia Erivo, Grande will be portraying the role of Glinda in the film. The first preview of the upcoming film was revealed during the Super Bowl, and the film itself will be released to the public on Nov. 27, 2024. 

Grande also dedicated a significant amount of time to celebrating the tenth anniversary of “Yours Truly,” her debut album that was released in August 2013. In honor of the album’s anniversary, Grande released “Yours Truly (Tenth Anniversary Edition)” on Aug. 25, 2023. This edition features six extra tracks recorded live from London, including the song that jump-started her career: “The Way” featuring Mac Miller.

So far, Grande has revealed the titles of five songs alongside her newly released single: “Intro (End of the World)”, “Eternal Sunshine”, “Bye”, “Supernatural” and “We Can’t Be Friends (Wait For Your Love).” \ The album will be officially released on March 8 and is currently available for pre-order and pre-save on multiple platforms, including Apple Music and Spotify.

Norah Sletten
Norah Sletten, Editor
Norah Sletten is a senior at OHS and this is her third year on OHS Magnet staff. Sletten joined Magnet because she has an interest in journalism. Alongside being a part of OHS Magnet, Sletten is involved in Owatonna Girls Cross Country, Rotary Club and Drama Club. Outside of school, she is a part of the Youth Oriented Leadership Organization (YOLO), a mental health and anti-tobacco advocacy group in Steele County. Sletten enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends and working as a barista at Hyvee Starbucks. In her future, she hopes to attend Carleton College and major in Cinema and Media Studies.