46 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
49°/ 42°
71°/ 38°
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Andres Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet, this year he will take the role of editor and writer. Contreras is involved in Younglife and Wyldlife outside of school....

Joe Zeman is a junior at OHS. This is his first year on the Magnet staff. Zeman is involved in soccer, tennis, concert choir and DECA. For work, he is a referee for both Park & Rec soccer and the Owatonna...

46 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    49 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
49°/ 42°
71°/ 38°
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Students feud for snow week

It was another successful day during Snow Week. Family Feud was on Wednesday, Feb 14. from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. in the Foundation room.

Family Feud is where a team of five or six people try to answer a trivia question correctly. During Family Feuds they will ask a common question and they have to guess the most popular answers. Seven members of the Student Council helped plan this event. There were eight teams that played. 

One of the members who planned the Family Feud was freshman Lane Webber. Webber worked hard on the questions. He said, “[I have] been thinking about questions that will challenge the students who answer them but also have enough that people will know so then there is a good blend.” The teams got the opportunity to choose their team name. The teams enjoyed working together and choosing a team name. 

When the game officially started there were four rounds, the semi-final and the finals. The teams got an opportunity to work together, build better friendships and learn new things. Each team had their struggles. Most of them got stuck on some of the questions while other questions they knew the answer right away. Student Council Adviser, Ms. Michaela Kruger said, “It was really awesome to see students from different populations competing through Family Feud who may normally wouldn’t compete in a sports type of setting.” 

Participant Silas Klug said, “In the semifinals, we were dead even tied going into round three and narrowly won because the other team didn’t manage to steal.” The final round was Essentials vs. Mediocre Gray. 

rThe winner of the 2024 OHS Family Feud game was team Mediocre Gray; the members of that team are Silas Klug, Tristan Buck, Vincent Justice, Achilles Walter, and Maximillan Goettl. The Mediocre Gray had a lot of team spirit and half of them are in the Knowledge Bowl. That also benefited their team to win. 

Ande Hunt
Ande Hunt, Writer
Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school she enjoys shopping, playing ping pong, watching movies, and spending time with her family and friends. She joined Magnet to get better at her writing skills and to help her in  her future career as a journalist/news anchor. She is excited to be part of the OHS Magnet staff this year.