47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
48°/ 43°
69°/ 38°
Heavy rain
May 1
67°/ 47°
Sunny
Magnet staffer 23-24
Raeghen Murry
photographer

Raeghen Murry is a senior at Owatonna High School. This is her second year being involved in Magnet. Murry is involved with Track and Field in the spring. She is also involved with her church and the youth...

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

Chloe Gfrerer is a sophomore at OHS. It is her first year in Magnet. She decided to join to improve her journalism skills because she has an interest in journalism. She also got told that it is a great...

47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    47 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
48°/ 43°
69°/ 38°
Heavy rain
May 1
67°/ 47°
Sunny

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Angel Barajas is a junior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet. Barajas joined Magnet to be able to get out the news of what is happening around the OHS, and because his first year in Magnet...

After Prom makes a return to OHS

Mariah Cuellar
After Prom makes a return to OHS after a one year hiatus.

After Prom is an event typically held at most high schools to promote a safe place for kids to continue prom celebrations. After not having the event in 2023, a determined Prom committee has worked extremely hard to bring it back to us.

Fundraising efforts are needed in order to hold the event. The way the committee has been able to set this up to give students this opportunity is by running two major fundraisers to be able to fund this event. The first was a  Pizza Ranch night Feb.19. This event is held from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. If you eat at Pizza Ranch, a percentage of the money made and all tips will be donated to the funding of After Prom. Another fundraiser is eating at Buffalo Wild Wings, a percentage of all proceeds will also be donated to After Prom.  At Buffalo Wild Wings, patrons are to mention “After Prom” or “Team B” when ordering. 

This year there are six senior Prom committee heads: Samantha Bogen, Mariah Cuellar, Madelyn Fisher, Emma Johnson, and Kate Sande. Izzy Radel said, “A group of parents have worked very hard to create a safe place for kids to continue their celebration of Prom. As a whole the committee is really excited to see the return of After Prom.” 

Kids can come after the Grand March to continue the fun of Prom and also win prizes and play fun games. Bogen said, “Having After Prom back will be helpful because it will keep students at Prom longer to enjoy the night and keep them from making bad decisions.” 

More plans and decisions are being made to make After Prom a successful and fun event.

About the Contributors
Jackson DeGrood
Jackson DeGrood, Editor
Jackson DeGrood is a senior at OHS. DeGrood loves playing Fortnite. In his freetime he plays Fortnite with senior Jayden Omangi. DeGrood’s favorite thing to do is catch a victory royale with fellas. When DeGrood is not playing Fortnite, he is hanging out with friends or being active. He also enjoys snowmobiling in the winter and trying new things that he has not done before. DeGrood is looking forward to being a part of the first graduating class of the new high school.
Mariah Cuellar
Mariah Cuellar, Social Media Editor
Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers for football and basketball throughout the year. This year at OHS Cuellar is involved in DECA, Link Crew, Thriving Minds and Prom Committee. Outside of school she coaches a youth competition cheer team and is a YoungLife president. Cuellar is very excited to learn new things and make new friends for her final year in Magnet.