55 °
    54 °
    54 °
    54 °
    54 °
    55 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

55 °
    54 °
    54 °
    54 °
    54 °
    55 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    50 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    46 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb...

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife....

The voices of all-city choir

Designed by Crystal Garza
All City Concert will be held in the Wegner Auditorium on March 7.

In her second year of teaching at OHS, choir director Paula Asmus will once again lead the OHS choir in an all-city performance that will showcase the voices of Owatonna singers. Wenger Performing Arts auditorium seats are expected to fill up with fifth graders returning to perform this year. With the Huskie and Varsity concerts filling up the auditorium this fall, an issue has occurred with the all-city choir concert. Since so many kids are involved, there’s not enough seating. Therefore, a couple of changes were made to the concert. 

Featuring two performances for the first time, the first at 6 p.m. will have a concert choir performance, including fifth graders from all elementary schools, St. Mary’s included. While the second performance at 7:30 p.m. will showcase all OHS choirs. 

Ms. Asmus said, “Last year we ran out of seats, and we had fewer kids in the program, so we really wanted to do what we could to make sure there was enough seating for everybody who wanted to see it.” 

Huskie and varsity choirs have been working on their songs since the very end of November, starting after Thanksgiving. Concert choir member and senior, Laken Meier said, “I’ve seen our class improve as we are more comfortable with each other and our sound as well as we are more confident with our skills.” Concert choir has been working on the song since the middle of December.

This concert is a great chance for future OHS students to see firsthand what advanced choirs are capable of. Ms. Asmus said, “I think it’s a really great way to showcase that there’s great music happening at every single age and every single ability level in the program.” 

The audience can stay for both concerts or come for one or the other, but those who choose to come for the second one can’t get inside the auditorium before 7 p.m. as the previous students are still singing. 

Reminder: The concert is free admission, meaning there are no tickets. First come, first served.

Crystal Garza
Crystal Garza, Writer
Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at the Target Starbucks and babysits. Garza enjoys hanging out with her friends, family, and her dog Toby. Other than friends and family she spends money shopping, often rearranges her room, and likes to lay down to read a book while listening to music. Although her career path has changed throughout the years. In the future Garza would like to pursue a career in sports medicine, being a physical therapist or an athletic trainer. Garza joined Magnet to help her writing skills and get more involved in what's going on in OHS. Garza is looking forward to another fun year in Magnet.