45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
49°/ 42°
71°/ 38°
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Torrin Smith is a senior here at OHS. He is a football and track captain, who also is in DECA. This is Smith's second year in Magnet, Smith joined Magnet to create something unique that is his own, that...

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

45 °
    46 °
    47 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    42 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
49°/ 42°
71°/ 38°
May 1
68°/ 46°
Sunny

Jace Forcelle is a senior at Owatonna High School. Furthermore, this is his second year in Magnet. Independent of Magnet, Forcelle is a student school board representative for the Owatonna School Board...

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

Kleeberger shoots his way to the next level

Jayden Omangi
Rielly Kleeberger drives to the lane against Mankato East defender. Kleeberger will attend and play basketball for UWEC next year.

Owatonna Senior Rielly Kleeberger committed to the University of Wisconsin–Eau ClaireI to play Division III basketball. He finished out a strong senior year by leading the Huskies to a top-four finish in the conference and the number-five seed in section play. 

When deciding to commit it was a fairly easy one. Kleeberger said, “I chose UW Eau Claire because I loved the school, area, and the basketball program.” Kleeberger is excited to make the jump to the next level and is prepared to help out the team in any way possible that will help them win. 

There are many things to look forward to and to be excited about; Kleeberger said, “I’m excited I made it to the next level because I get to play the sport I love for four more years.” 

With many commitments from the Owatonna Basketball team in the past years, this does not come as a surprise. A lot of hard work has been put in for Kleeberger to get to this point. Coach Josh Williams said, “There are a lot of words to describe what it took for Rielly to achieve that goal.  He has no doubt earned that opportunity by making himself skilled and talented enough to play at the collegiate level.” 

Many moments have helped Kleeberger get to this point. A few big moments this season include a 27-point game against Stillwater and three big free throws to win a game against Rochester John Marshall. 

There are many things that it takes to compete at the next level. Williams said, “Number one is the correct mindset. The second would be an unyielding love for the game.  A lot of kids can’t handle playing collegiately once they get there. No doubt the love and passion Rielly has for the game has enabled him to persevere through what could be some difficult and challenging times.” Kleeberger has the work ethic and drive to succeed at the next level and hopes to make a big impact when getting there.

Kleeberger will continue his basketball career at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire and is undecided on his major.

About the Contributors
Owen Smith
Owen Smith, Writer
Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved in baseball, basketball, NHS, DECA, and BBBS. When he is not playing baseball and basketball Smith enjoys hanging out with his friends and spending time with his family. He is a really big sports fan and enjoys watching all the Minnesota sports teams. Smith is looking forward to his first year in Magnet and learning more about the student body and becoming a better writer. 
Jayden Omangi
Jayden Omangi, Photographer
Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!