57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Torrin Smith is a senior here at OHS. He is a football and track captain, who also is in DECA. This is Smith's second year in Magnet, Smith joined Magnet to create something unique that is his own, that...

Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that...

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb...

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

Radel hitting into college

Senior+Elizabeth+Radel+will+be+playing+of+the+University+of+St.+Bens+next+year.+
Olivia Shaw
Senior Elizabeth Radel will be playing of the University of St. Ben’s next year.

Owatonna’s own Elizabeth Radel committed to the University of Saint Benedict to play Division III softball. She has played softball throughout her life. Radel plays softball all year round, along with playing hockey in the winter and volleyball in the fall. She is looking forward to playing for St. Bens as she felt so welcomed by the coach. Radel is entering her last high school softball season. 

Radel has worked hard and put countless hours and effort into the sport. Radel said, “It has been a dream of mine to play college softball since I was little, so it feels really special to finally see that dream come true.” 

Academics are very important to Radel. She has worked hard to get good grades. Radel said, “Having good grades allowed me to get good scholarships and helped me get accepted into St. Bens.”

Lots of people have challenges committing. Radel said, “The biggest challenge of committing was starting the recruitment process because it was hard for me to put myself out there.” 

After all the work that Radel has put into the sport, she is very excited for the rest of the year. Radel said, “I am most excited to just enjoy the rest of my senior year now that I have committed without the stress of having to decide where to go.” 

Many athletes give other great advice from them to continue their journey. Radel’s advice to others is, “The process can be really challenging and stressful at times but keep going because it is so rewarding in the end.” 

Radel has had lots of support for her coaches and teammates. One of Radel’s coaches Ms. Michaela Kruger said, “She is very coachable, she is always taking feedback and listening to feedback making minor changes to improve her athletic ability.”

Radel is very excited to continue her journey in athletics and academics at the University of Saint Benedict. 

About the Contributors
Anna Mollenhauer
Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer enjoys going on walks with her family, face time with her sister and going shopping. Mollenhauer also loves hanging out with family and friends and playing with her dog. After high school Mollenhauer is planning to attend a four year college to continue her education and major in law or business. Mollenhauer joined Magnet to learn how to improve her writing, take pictures as well as interview people and hopes to be more involved in school. 
Olivia Shaw
Olivia Shaw, Writer
Olivia Shaw is a senior at Owatonna High School. It is her second year in the OHS Magnet Staff. Outside of school she is involved in softball and tennis. At school, she is involved in SHOC, DECA, Big Brothers-Big Sisters, NHS and Magnet. She joined Magnet for something new, to improve her writing skills and to go outside of her comfort zone.  In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with her friends, doing activities outside, going hammocking and going on adventures. She is most excited about being able to meet new people through Magnet. After high school, she plans on attending College of Saint Benedict to major in Business.