54 °
    56 °
    59 °
    61 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    61 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    54 °
    53 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    49 °
    48 °
    48 °
    47 °
April 15
68°/ 46°
Sunny
April 16
54°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 17
51°/ 42°

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Aspiring CNA’s of OHS

The new nursing class being offered to OHS students is a great and efficient addition to the new high school. The CNA class was previously offered at Riverland Community College, requiring students to make the commute. This class is a great way for students to understand other career opportunities such as nursing. Junior Jada Johannsen said, “I think it’s a great way for students who are sophomore, junior and seniors to experience what it’s like to be in healthcare by being in this class.” 

Ikhlas Haji, Writer
Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication skills. Haji is involved in DECA, Link Crew, NHS, Mixed roots and D.I.G. In her free time you'll find her watching long netflix or hulu series, spending time with her family, or joking around with friends. Haji also loves to travel. She's been to Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kenya, Turkey, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina. D.C., New York and many more. Haji is excited to meet new people and improve her writing and photography skills in Magnet.