57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Molly Achterkirch is a senior at OHS and this year will be her third year on Magnet. In school Achterkirch is involved in soccer, hockey, Younglife and Thriving Minds. Outside of school she works as a...

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Alia Kubicek is a junior at OHS. This is her first year of Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee, Young life, and 4-H. Kubicek also plays hockey and soccer. In her free time she can be found...

57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
    48 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

Aspiring CNA’s of OHS

The new nursing class being offered to OHS students is a great and efficient addition to the new high school. The CNA class was previously offered at Riverland Community College, requiring students to make the commute. This class is a great way for students to understand other career opportunities such as nursing. Junior Jada Johannsen said, “I think it’s a great way for students who are sophomore, junior and seniors to experience what it’s like to be in healthcare by being in this class.” 

Ikhlas Haji
Ikhlas Haji, Writer
Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication skills. Haji is involved in DECA, Link Crew, NHS, Mixed roots and D.I.G. In her free time you'll find her watching long netflix or hulu series, spending time with her family, or joking around with friends. Haji also loves to travel. She's been to Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kenya, Turkey, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina. D.C., New York and many more. Haji is excited to meet new people and improve her writing and photography skills in Magnet.