51 °
    54 °
    56 °
    59 °
    61 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    61 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    54 °
    54 °
    53 °
    53 °
    52 °
    51 °
    49 °
    48 °
    48 °
April 15
68°/ 46°
Sunny
April 16
54°/ 44°
Heavy rain
April 17
51°/ 42°

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Ikhlas Haji is a junior at OHS this year. This is her first year in Magnet. Haji joined Magnet to get an idea of what might interest her in the future. She also joined to improve her writing and communication...

Magnet Staffer 2023 - 2024
Joanna Haggerty
Web Designer

Joanna Haggerty is a junior this year at OHS. This year she is an active member of the OHS community. She is involved in DECA, Students for Life Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Girls tennis and is a new...

OHS Baseball to play at Target Field

OHS+Baseball+will+play+the+Red+Wing+Wingers+at+Target+Field.++
OHS Baseball Promotional
OHS Baseball will play the Red Wing Wingers at Target Field.

The Owatonna Baseball season has officially started, and they are looking to make the most out of this season. With the team just starting practice, the team has many things to look forward to throughout the season. One of those is the opportunity to play at Target Field against Red Wing on April 20. The players and coaches have been excited about this ever since it was announced.

The Huskies will be playing in a doubleheader with the Minnesota Twins playing first against the Detroit Tigers at 1:10 p.m. and the Huskies playing after them at 4:30 p.m. With this doubleheader, the player’s family and friends were able to purchase a single ticket that would get them into both games. 

Head Coach Tate Cummins has been working hard with many people to make this all happen. Cummins said, “The Twins have been increasing the amount of games over the past couple of years and so we questioned it around a year ago. We then found out the opportunity looked good to get in and were able to make it work. We were fortunate to get in early and that they were open to getting southern Minnesota involved.” 

“For our players being able to play in Target field is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” 

— Head Coach Tate Cummins

With this experience players and coaches will have a memorable time. Cummins said, “For our players being able to play in Target field is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” 

One of the main excitements for the players is just getting to play in that atmosphere and playing in the park. Junior Zach Haarstad said, “Being there for the Twins game right before ours and getting to play on a field where many great baseball players have played is pretty cool.” The team and community are very excited about this opportunity. 

The Huskies will play at Target Field on Saturday, April 20 at 4:30 p.m. against the Red Wing Wingers. 

Jack Mottl, Writer
Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends, playing video games, and spending time with his family. Mottl enjoys the outdoors a lot. He likes fishing, hiking and climbing. Mottl hopes to gain new skills in his writing and photography. Mottl joined Magnet because he thought it would be a fun experience and help improve his journalism skills. Mottl is excited for a good year of Magnet.