55 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Amanda Clubb is a junior at OHS this year. This is her second year on the Magnet staff. Clubb is involved in student council, DECA, SHOC, band, Students for Life, tennis and track. Outside of school, Clubb...

Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

55 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    58 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    55 °
    54 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    49 °
59°/ 50°
48°/ 45°
48°/ 43°

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Averi Vetsch is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year at Magnet. She is involved in DECA, Prom Committee and Young Life. She plays hockey and soccer. In Vetsch's free time, you can find...

OHS Baseball to play at Target Field

OHS+Baseball+will+play+the+Red+Wing+Wingers+at+Target+Field.++
OHS Baseball Promotional
OHS Baseball will play the Red Wing Wingers at Target Field.

The Owatonna Baseball season has officially started, and they are looking to make the most out of this season. With the team just starting practice, the team has many things to look forward to throughout the season. One of those is the opportunity to play at Target Field against Red Wing on April 20. The players and coaches have been excited about this ever since it was announced.

The Huskies will be playing in a doubleheader with the Minnesota Twins playing first against the Detroit Tigers at 1:10 p.m. and the Huskies playing after them at 4:30 p.m. With this doubleheader, the player’s family and friends were able to purchase a single ticket that would get them into both games. 

Head Coach Tate Cummins has been working hard with many people to make this all happen. Cummins said, “The Twins have been increasing the amount of games over the past couple of years and so we questioned it around a year ago. We then found out the opportunity looked good to get in and were able to make it work. We were fortunate to get in early and that they were open to getting southern Minnesota involved.” 

“For our players being able to play in Target field is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” 

— Head Coach Tate Cummins

With this experience players and coaches will have a memorable time. Cummins said, “For our players being able to play in Target field is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” 

One of the main excitements for the players is just getting to play in that atmosphere and playing in the park. Junior Zach Haarstad said, “Being there for the Twins game right before ours and getting to play on a field where many great baseball players have played is pretty cool.” The team and community are very excited about this opportunity. 

The Huskies will play at Target Field on Saturday, April 20 at 4:30 p.m. against the Red Wing Wingers. 

Jack Mottl
Jack Mottl, Writer
Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends, playing video games, and spending time with his family. Mottl enjoys the outdoors a lot. He likes fishing, hiking and climbing. Mottl hopes to gain new skills in his writing and photography. Mottl joined Magnet because he thought it would be a fun experience and help improve his journalism skills. Mottl is excited for a good year of Magnet.