46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    40 °
    39 °
    38 °
    39 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    53 °
    57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    69 °
April 29
50°/ 43°
April 30
71°/ 38°
Moderate rain
May 1
69°/ 47°

Blake Fitcher is a junior at Owatonna High School. Fitcher wanted to join Magnet because he wanted to try something new and different, as well as wanting to meet new people and work on his social skills....

Andres Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet, this year he will take the role of editor and writer. Contreras is involved in Younglife and Wyldlife outside of school....

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

46 °
    46 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    40 °
    39 °
    38 °
    39 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    53 °
    57 °
    61 °
    64 °
    67 °
    69 °
    69 °
April 29
50°/ 43°
April 30
71°/ 38°
Moderate rain
May 1
69°/ 47°

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Magnet Staffer 2023-24
Jose Rosas
Editor-in-Chief

Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of...

Ava Flemke is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her second year in Magnet. Flemke has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 13 years. This is Flemke’s second year doing Big Brothers Big Sisters...

Kung Fu Panda makes another comeback

Press release photo from Dreamworks Studio
Kung Fu Panda 4 is out in theaters now.

The first Kung Fu Panda movie was released in June of 2008. The main character, Po, is voiced by Jack Black, with other voice actors such as Jackie Chan, Angelina Jolie and Dustin Hoffman. Since then, Kung Fu Panda two and three have been released, with the fourth movie being released eight years later on March 8, 2024. 

The movie was directed by Mike Mitchell, and so far has gotten good reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has given it a 72%, with an audience score of 86%. Rotten Tomatoes said, “Kung Fu Panda 4 offers enough eye-catching entertainment to sustain the franchise’s young fans, although it’s starting to feel like this series is running out of steam.” 

Throughout all of the Kung Fu Panda movies, Po the Panda has found a love for kung fu, leading him to become the Dragon Warrior. He then started his practice under Master Shifu. He defeated Tai Lung, proving himself to be a true hero and earning the Dragon Scroll. In the fourth movie, Po has to choose a new Dragon Warrior to pass his legacy on so that he can become the new Spiritual leader of the Valley of Peace. 

Throughout the movie, he teams up with a fox named Zhen, voiced by Awkwafina. They go on an adventure to Juniper City to try and defeat the Chameleon, a villain who can shape-shift into any creature possible. They learn to work together and through a twist, build a friendship. 

Freshman Deiken Torabpour says, “I loved how the boss [chameleon] can shapeshift and that you get to expand the story with new characters in the universe.” The movie shows both new and old characters that tie together throughout the movie. 

The movie is one hour and 38 minutes long. It is great for anyone and has a message reminding people that change can be good and that it is never too late to do the right thing. Movie tickets for the Owatonna Theater can be purchased here

Ella Williams
Ella Williams, Writer
Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife. She enjoys spending time with friends and family and being outdoors. Over the summer she went to Clearwater Cove with YoungLife and worked at the Blast, a local ice cream shop. Williams plans to go to medical school after high school, and wants to go into pediatrics. She is looking forward to learning more about the activities that go on at the school while also navigating the new OHS building.