47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    52 °
    56 °
    60 °
    63 °
50°/ 43°
71°/ 38°
May 1
69°/ 47°

Aza Lewis is a junior at Owatonna High School this year. This is her first year as a Magnet Staff. Lewis is involved in DECA, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Lewis also spends much of her time dancing competitively...

Aurora Sim is a junior this year at OHS, and this is her first year on Magnet. Aurora enjoys writing, reading, and dancing. Outside of school she is in Just For Kix dance studio and The Studio in Kasson....

Angel Barajas is a junior at OHS this year. This is his second year in Magnet. Barajas joined Magnet to be able to get out the news of what is happening around the OHS, and because his first year in Magnet...

47 °
    47 °
    46 °
    45 °
    45 °
    44 °
    44 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    43 °
    42 °
    41 °
    40 °
    39 °
    39 °
    40 °
    42 °
    45 °
    48 °
    52 °
    56 °
    60 °
    63 °
50°/ 43°
71°/ 38°
May 1
69°/ 47°
Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

Cost Break Down of Prom

The prices of different items that are needed for Prom.
Chloe Gfrerer

On Saturday, April 27 Owatonna is holding their annual Prom. The costs of Prom can be very expensive with everything that is needed for it. For girls, they have to buy a dress, shoes and jewelry. Some people get their hair and nails done just for Prom. Most guys have to buy or rent a suit and shoes. All of them have to buy tickets to go to Prom and pay for dinner too. The total will be different from guys to girls but it adds up with everything that is bought for Prom. 

COST OF PROM

According to PROM COSTS: HOW TO PLAN AND BUDGET FOR PROM 2024 the price of Prom can range from $150-2000. For the girls if they got their hair, makeup and nails done that will add a couple hundred. Adding $10 to both if you are going to the After Prom. 

The average price of a Prom dress is $85-700 but the price can range higher or lower depending on where the dress is from and the material it is made out of. Junior Julia Gleason said, “My dress is from Prom Shop and for my shoes I got them off of Amazon. Everything else that I am using I already have.” Heels can cost from around $50-100 and for jewelry it’s typically $45-200.

A suit has the average price can range from $400-700 for a basic suit and for renting it is $60-130. Junior Cody Shaw said, “I got my suit at J Longs and my tie and vest were included with it. I already had my shoes so I didn’t have to spend an additional cost on them.” Shoes for guys can range from $30-150. 

The tickets for Prom are $35 per person and then there is a $2.38 processing fee. The After Prom tickets are $10. The tickets for Prom go on sale Tuesday, April 16. You can get them on the Hometown Ticketing app. 

Dinner for two people can be different depending on where you go and what you get there.  The average cost for a dinner for two is $50-100. If you go to a fancier restaurant it will be more towards the $100 then if you go somewhere not as nice.

WAYS TO SAVE

With everything that people will need for Prom the costs can be a lot but there can be ways to save. 

There is a community event called OTown Glam. This is a way to help people who are going to Prom to save some money. 

On April 27 the Grand March starts at 8 p.m. and is held at the Four Seasons arena. Then Prom begins at 9-11 p.m. and After Prom is from midnight -2 a.m.  

Chloe Gfrerer
Chloe Gfrerer, Writer
Chloe Gfrerer is a sophomore at OHS. It is her first year in Magnet. She decided to join to improve her journalism skills because she has an interest in journalism. She also got told that it is a great experience to be a part of. Gfrerer is involved in dance and trap. She is also manager for the school's football team. During her free time she enjoys hanging out with her friends, reading, watching movies, and listening to music.