60 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    54 °
    55 °
    57 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    71 °
    68 °
    66 °
    65 °
July 18
70°/ 53°
July 19
74°/ 54°
July 20
75°/ 59°

60 °
    59 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    54 °
    55 °
    57 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    71 °
    68 °
    66 °
    65 °
July 18
70°/ 53°
July 19
74°/ 54°
July 20
75°/ 59°

Boys lacrosse attacks the season

Senior+captain+Jack+Strom+cradles+the+ball+while+looking+to+score.+
Jayden Omangi
Senior captain Jack Strom cradles the ball while looking to score.

Owatonna Boys lacrosse season is underway and looks to rebound after a 3-11 season. While returning their top three point scorers they look to use that experience to improve upon their success. They started the season off with a strong game against a good Rosemount team where they lost 10-11 and another good game against New Prague where they lost their home opener 10-11.

Senior captains Jack Strom and Caleb Hullopeter will look to add one more stellar season to their resumes to finish off their varsity careers. Strom ended last season with 48 points and looks to lead the team again in scoring. There are high hopes for the upcoming season, Hullopeter said, “I think we can make a run in sections and compete for the big nine title as we have the players and experience to get that done.” 

Head Coach Scott Seykora has been coaching lacrosse for 21 years and is excited for this upcoming season.He said, “We have a different dynamic of skills this year so working on catering to game play that will put our players in the place for them to succeed.” With this different dynamic of players the Huskies can make a run and surprise some teams this year. 

This is Seykora’s 21st year coaching Lacrosse in Owatonna and he has many goals for this season, Seykora said, “We hope to contend for a Big 9 title and compete in sections. The biggest thing we are looking for is improvement every single game and practice and have a team play concept.”Although the team has started 0-2, the losses came against very good teams where it was competitive including an overtime game against New Prague.

The boys next game is on Thursday, April 25 at 6:30 p.m. away against the Farmington Tigers.

About the Contributors
Owen Smith
Owen Smith, Writer
Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved in baseball, basketball, NHS, DECA, and BBBS. When he is not playing baseball and basketball Smith enjoys hanging out with his friends and spending time with his family. He is a really big sports fan and enjoys watching all the Minnesota sports teams. Smith is looking forward to his first year in Magnet and learning more about the student body and becoming a better writer. 
Jayden Omangi
Jayden Omangi, Photographer
Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!