72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
July 26
79°/ 60°
July 27
82°/ 66°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
81°/ 67°
Sunny

72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
July 26
79°/ 60°
July 27
82°/ 66°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
81°/ 67°
Sunny

Turning the pages on the school year

Ella Williams
Yearbook staff looks over the final print after the yearbooks come in.

School is winding down and summer is just around the corner. One of the best ways to capture memories throughout the school year is the yearbook. The yearbook covers all sports, clubs, activities and so much more. The staff works very hard all year round to capture everything that goes on at OHS.

The first installment of the yearbook was submitted in March. Right now, the yearbook staff is working on the “spring supplement”, which is a separate part of the yearbook. This portion is 24 pages covering things like spring sports, spring plays, prom, graduation etc. These will be done sometime in August. 

Senior Kiley Knudson is an editor within the yearbook staff. Knudson said, “The yearbook itself turned out really good and I think it’s different from previous years.”

Being on the yearbook staff comes with a lot of responsibilities. The students go to activities to take pictures, write out descriptions and names, get interviews and design the pages. This comes with a lot of pressure because once hundreds of books are printed, one cannot just go back and fix something.

A goal of the yearbook is to recognize as many students as possible.Yearbook adviser Mr. Dan Leer said, “We try to get as many kids covered as much as we can. The yearbook is like a mini time capsule that becomes more important as time goes on. It’s a big responsibility to tell the story of each year.” 

This year, the yearbooks will be handed out on May 21 and 22. There will be a table set up in the commons during all lunches so that students can easily pick up their copies. The staff orders an extra number of yearbooks, so it is not too late to purchase one. They cost 95 dollars and can be bought off of the Josten’s website or students can stop in to talk to Mr. Leer in room 242. 

Ella Williams
Ella Williams, Writer
Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife. She enjoys spending time with friends and family and being outdoors. Over the summer she went to Clearwater Cove with YoungLife and worked at the Blast, a local ice cream shop. Williams plans to go to medical school after high school, and wants to go into pediatrics. She is looking forward to learning more about the activities that go on at the school while also navigating the new OHS building.