64 °
    66 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    56 °
    55 °
    53 °
    52 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    50 °
    51 °
    54 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    67 °
May 29
68°/ 46°
Sunny
May 30
69°/ 50°
Sunny
May 31
69°/ 53°

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at...

64 °
    66 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    56 °
    55 °
    53 °
    52 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    50 °
    51 °
    54 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
    67 °
May 29
68°/ 46°
Sunny
May 30
69°/ 50°
Sunny
May 31
69°/ 53°

Torrin Smith is a senior here at OHS. He is a football and track captain, who also is in DECA. This is Smith's second year in Magnet, Smith joined Magnet to create something unique that is his own, that...

Joe Zeman is a junior at OHS. This is his first year on the Magnet staff. Zeman is involved in soccer, tennis, concert choir and DECA. For work, he is a referee for both Park & Rec soccer and the Owatonna...

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Turning the pages on the school year

Ella Williams
Yearbook staff looks over the final print after the yearbooks come in.

School is winding down and summer is just around the corner. One of the best ways to capture memories throughout the school year is the yearbook. The yearbook covers all sports, clubs, activities and so much more. The staff works very hard all year round to capture everything that goes on at OHS.

The first installment of the yearbook was submitted in March. Right now, the yearbook staff is working on the “spring supplement”, which is a separate part of the yearbook. This portion is 24 pages covering things like spring sports, spring plays, prom, graduation etc. These will be done sometime in August. 

Senior Kiley Knudson is an editor within the yearbook staff. Knudson said, “The yearbook itself turned out really good and I think it’s different from previous years.”

Being on the yearbook staff comes with a lot of responsibilities. The students go to activities to take pictures, write out descriptions and names, get interviews and design the pages. This comes with a lot of pressure because once hundreds of books are printed, one cannot just go back and fix something.

A goal of the yearbook is to recognize as many students as possible.Yearbook adviser Mr. Dan Leer said, “We try to get as many kids covered as much as we can. The yearbook is like a mini time capsule that becomes more important as time goes on. It’s a big responsibility to tell the story of each year.” 

This year, the yearbooks will be handed out on May 21 and 22. There will be a table set up in the commons during all lunches so that students can easily pick up their copies. The staff orders an extra number of yearbooks, so it is not too late to purchase one. They cost 95 dollars and can be bought off of the Josten’s website or students can stop in to talk to Mr. Leer in room 242. 

Ella Williams
Ella Williams, Writer
Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife. She enjoys spending time with friends and family and being outdoors. Over the summer she went to Clearwater Cove with YoungLife and worked at the Blast, a local ice cream shop. Williams plans to go to medical school after high school, and wants to go into pediatrics. She is looking forward to learning more about the activities that go on at the school while also navigating the new OHS building.