63 °
    64 °
    66 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    56 °
    55 °
    53 °
    52 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    50 °
    51 °
    54 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
May 29
67°/ 46°
Sunny
May 30
69°/ 50°
Sunny
May 31
68°/ 55°

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Torrin Smith is a senior here at OHS. He is a football and track captain, who also is in DECA. This is Smith's second year in Magnet, Smith joined Magnet to create something unique that is his own, that...

63 °
    64 °
    66 °
    66 °
    67 °
    66 °
    64 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    56 °
    55 °
    53 °
    52 °
    52 °
    51 °
    50 °
    50 °
    51 °
    54 °
    57 °
    60 °
    62 °
    64 °
    66 °
May 29
67°/ 46°
Sunny
May 30
69°/ 50°
Sunny
May 31
68°/ 55°

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

NHS hosts second annual color run

Photo submitted by NHS adviser, Mr. Jacob Kringen
Promotional flyer for second annual NHS color run.

On Saturday, May 11, 2024, the Owatonna National Honor Society is hosting their second annual color run. Registration for the run will begin on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. and the one-mile kids run begins at nine-thirty a.m. with the 5K following it. Prior to the run, there will be a silent auction as well as a drawing after the race. The fee for 5K is $20 and for the mile is $10. All proceeds benefit Community Pathways of Steele County. 

This is the second year that the color run is being done and also benefitting Community Pathways. NHS adviser, Mr. Jacob Kringen said, “Last year was very fun and it was definitely a success. I think a lot of people had fun and got to learn about the mission of community pathways which is super cool to see.” Community Pathways of Steele County is a local organization that supports many students and families in Steele County by providing clothing, food, and other resources to those in need.

The Owatonna NHS has been working hard to prepare the color run to have the best possible turnout. A lot of planning has gone into it like getting the word out and getting sponsorships to cover the cost of the color and t-shirts so that every penny of the proceeds can go directly to community pathways. NHS is working with elementary schools and their student councils to get younger students involved and have a role of throwing the color for the run. NHS member, Ava Otto said, “Participating in the actual color run this year is something that I am excited about to get the perspective of being a part of it instead of just working it.” NHS members worked hard to make this happen and are very excited to see it all play out. 

The color run route will go all around the OHS. It will start going around the track and then it will loop the parking lot a few times and then go out back by the tennis courts. Sign up for the color run by scanning the QR code on the fliers posted around the school or in the email that will be sent out with registration information. There will also be an opportunity to register the day of, prior to the beginning of the race. 

Ava Flemke
Ava Flemke, Writer
Ava Flemke is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her second year in Magnet. Flemke has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 13 years. This is Flemke’s second year doing Big Brothers Big Sisters and her first year being a YoungLIfe president. Flemke spends her summers working at The Blast, attending YoungLife camps like Clearwater Cove, and spending time with her friends. After high school, Flemke plans to attend Aveda Institutes in Minneapolis to study esthiology. Flemke looks forward to spending her senior year in the new OHS and experiencing the new activities.