72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
July 26
79°/ 60°
July 27
82°/ 66°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
81°/ 67°
Sunny

72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    67 °
    68 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    78 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
July 26
79°/ 60°
July 27
82°/ 66°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
81°/ 67°
Sunny

Taking the field for powderpuff

Powderpuff+will+be+Friday+May+10th%2C+%245+to+play%2C+%241+to+watch.+
Designed by Victoria Contreras
Powderpuff will be Friday May 10th, $5 to play, $1 to watch.

Every year OHS has Mental Health Week to kick off Spring Fling. May 6-10 the school holds dress up days as well as some activities. To kick off the end of mental health week OHS is having powderpuff.

Powderpuff will be held on Friday, May 10 on the football field. Doors will open at 5:30 and the first game will start at 6:00. It costs $5 to be on a team and $1 to watch. First round will be the Sophomores and the Juniors and second round will be the Seniors and the Freshman. Later both of the winning teams will play each other to see who wins the championship. 

Powderpuff is a school activity where a group of girls from each grade come together and play football. Each class president is in charge of forming a team, each team must need a group of girls as well as a small group of guys to be their coach. Each class president gets to design t-shirts for their whole team as well as holding one practice before to see what the team needs to improve on so they can win Powderpuff.

OHS Junior class president, Norah Kath says, “We’ve been doing this for a really long time and we’ve always had a good turn out, it’s been a tradition that we carried to the new high school so I think it’s really important to keep these traditions going as long as it goes well.”

OHS Student Council adviser Ms.Casie Devos says, “I am hoping the girls find empowerment within themselves. I also believe that during Mental Health Week, we’re promoting school spirit, bringing grades together, and providing a lighthearted and fun experience. We are hoping to bring a crowd of students to Federated Field to watch and support one another.”

There’s going to be food and many places to hang out. There’s a place for everyone to come together. After the games are done, the movie “Remember the Titans” will be shown on the football field. It’s a great time for everyone to get some good company to end Spring Fling and Mental Health Week. 

Victoria Contreras
Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that being in Magnet will help her achieve that. It is also a great way to see what other students are doing and getting to know more about the school. Contreras is involved in YoungLife, Thriving Minds, Girls United and Track and Field. Outside of school, she enjoys hanging out with her friends and family, being active, shopping and watching Rom Com movies. She is excited to get started and see what her last year has to offer.