68 °
    67 °
    68 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    79 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
July 27
82°/ 67°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
80°/ 67°
Sunny
July 29
82°/ 68°

68 °
    67 °
    68 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    79 °
    80 °
    81 °
    81 °
    81 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
July 27
82°/ 67°
Partly Cloudy
July 28
80°/ 67°
Sunny
July 29
82°/ 68°

OHS prepares for annual pops concert

Aurora Sim

Every year the OHS ensemble puts together a Pops Concert for families, students and members of the community to come and see the growth the students developed over the year. It is a fun way for each member to come together and put on a show. Each ensemble has their own part in the concert. 

The Pops Concert is a fun end of the year tradition. The Pops Concert is the only concert that contains the whole OHS ensemble. Choir teacher Ms. Paula Asmus said, “It’s a tradition that all ensembles come together so the community can see everyone in one sitting.” Huskies Choir is doing music from “Teen Beach Movie”, Varsity Choir is doing Bruno Mars, Concert Choir is doing “Footloose”, Huskies Band is doing “Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Aladdin”, Varsity Band is doing Adele and “Moana”, Concert Band is doing “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Star Wars”. Meanwhile, Huskies and Varsity Orchestra are combined and are doing “Ratatouille”, “Jersey Boys” and Michael Jackson, while Symphony is doing” Curtains Up”, which is a Broadway melody.

Using popular music is a way to get the audience more enthralled and excited. Senior Amelia Cook’s favorite part is, ”Playing music everyone knows, which makes it more enjoyable.” Another senior member of the choir is Calista Seiler and Seiler’s favorite part is that, ”All of the ensembles come together, it’s a lot of fun and less stressful than the other concerts. Playing pieces everyone knows is another favorite part.”

The Pops Concert is on Tuesday, May 21 at 7 p.m. in the main gym. Come and see all of the OHS ensembles put on a concert and see their improvement throughout the year. The Pops Concert is the last chance to see all levels of OHS Music. 

Anybody and everybody is welcome to the Pops Concert and tickets are available on the Hometown app, while activity passes are accepted.

Aurora Sim
Aurora Sim, Writer
Aurora Sim is a junior this year at OHS, and this is her first year on Magnet. Aurora enjoys writing, reading, and dancing. Outside of school she is in Just For Kix dance studio and The Studio in Kasson. She loves to advocate for autism awareness and kindness towards others. Sim plans to go to a four year college after high school, and study pre-med or mortuary science. Sim joined magnet this year to become more involved with school, and to bring in new and exciting stories.