84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Luca Gfrerer is a senior at OHS. This is her second year being a part of Magnet. Gfrerer decided to join Magnet because she has an interest in journalism and wants to improve her writing skills. She is...

Norah Sletten is a senior at OHS and this is her third year on OHS Magnet staff. Sletten joined Magnet because she has an interest in journalism. Alongside being a part of OHS Magnet, Sletten is involved...

Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°
Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Torrin Smith is a senior here at OHS. He is a football and track captain, who also is in DECA. This is Smith's second year in Magnet, Smith joined Magnet to create something unique that is his own, that...

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Clay Target shoots through the season

Athletes competing for their weekly scoring for clay target. (Owatonna Clay Target Team)

The Owatonna Clay Target team has had a very successful season and are shooting some of their best scores of the year so far. The team is made up of 99 student-athletes and around 20 coaches. The team is led by four captains, Bailey Davis, Kayden Glynn, McLain Mogen and Will Wottreng. The eight week season has had a great turnout so far and there are high hopes leading into the MN Trap Shooting Championships.

In trap shooting, everyone competes and all scores count. Performances are calculated every week and used to add up to an overall team score. Athletes have performed well and it has led to success as a team. Glynn said, “We are first in our conference and we’re seeing a lot of high scores this year so far.” Because the sport is based on individual success to benefit your team it is important to remember aspects of a team. Davis said, “My goal for the team as a whole is that we get as many team Athletes to have fun and go experience championships.”

The MN Trap Shooting Championships is held in Alexandria, MN in early June. This is the biggest event in the world of this kind and 71 OCTT athletes will compete here. More than 350 schools and over 8,000 athletes are expected for 2024. These athletes have put in so much time, effort and hard work and it shows at events like these. Head coach Mike Kingland said, “I like building relationships that hopefully will see our athletes give back the sport after they graduate.” The teams 60 of the 62 scores used for weekly scoring are at or above average for the lettering standard, meaning many athletes have worked hard through the sport.

The Owatonna Clay Target team’s next big competition is June 10th-18th at the Alexandria Shooting Park in Alexandria, Minnesota.

Lexie Klecker
Lexie Klecker, Writer
Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball, Track, Choir, DECA, BBBS, SHOC and Link Crew. Outside of school, Klecker enjoys going to the lake, hanging out with her family and friends, shopping and playing basketball. During the summer she nannies and works at The Blast. After high school, Klecker’s future plans include playing college basketball and studying business management. She is excited to write articles and see the behind the scenes of Magnet.