84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Mitch Seykora is a senior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year on the Magnet staff. He is involved in sports that include baseball and football. During his free time he likes to hang out...

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

Crystal Garza is a senior this year at OHS. This will be her second year on Magnet as a writer. In school Garza is involved in Key Club, Link Crew, and Young Life. Outside of school Garza has a job at...

84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Ava Flemke is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her second year in Magnet. Flemke has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 13 years. This is Flemke’s second year doing Big Brothers Big Sisters...

OHS Girls Golf Hitting the Course

Paige+Thompson+lines+up+her+ball+for+her+putt.+
Lauren Kubicek
Paige Thompson lines up her ball for her putt.

The Owatonna Girls Golf team has been having a remarkable year. The team recently took second in Big 9. The Huskies are looking to continue on to have a great rest of the season. 

The team has been practicing a lot and working to get better. The girls are putting in time so they can get better every day. Senior captain Danika Kaytor said, “I think the team is looking good and confident.” The team is now entering section play. The team is ready for it. 

With entering sections there are many expectations. Head Coach Jason Kaytor said, “I think we have a pretty good team and it’s time to show them that we are playing really good golf.” The team has been working all year for this. There have been many highs this season but a high this year was, “Our last conference meet, we played really really well,” said Coach Kaytor. 

There are many standout performers with the top three girls, Carmen Jirele, Paige Thompson and Danika Kaytor, honored as all-conference golfers. Thompson said, “It was really cool to have three that were all conference this year, I don’t think Owatonna has had that in a while.” The second Big 9 meet took place on May 20. Owatonna had two girls place in the top 10. Owatonna’s own Jirele took home first place, along with Thompson taking home fifth place. 

The rest of the season is coming quickly. The girls are hoping to show off what they have worked all year for. Coach Kaytor said, “Maintaining where we are at, playing really good golf, playing the best golf all year long at the best time.” The girls are very excited to get to compete with hopes and placing in sections and having a good run. 

The next meets are May 28th & May 30th which is sections day one and two at Cannon Falls GC. 

About the Contributors
Anna Mollenhauer
Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer enjoys going on walks with her family, face time with her sister and going shopping. Mollenhauer also loves hanging out with family and friends and playing with her dog. After high school Mollenhauer is planning to attend a four year college to continue her education and major in law or business. Mollenhauer joined Magnet to learn how to improve her writing, take pictures as well as interview people and hopes to be more involved in school. 
Lauren Kubicek
Lauren Kubicek, Writer
Lauren Kubicek is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in many activites at the school inluding the Owatonna Dance Team, DECA, BBBS and Student Athletic Training. Kubicek joined Magnet to become more involved in the school and improve her writing and journalism skills. In Kubicek’s free time you can find her hanging out with her friends, at dance practice or at the lake. During the summer she works at The Blast. After high school, Kubicek plans on attending a four year university and pursuing a career in the medical field.