82 °
    83 °
    83 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Ande Hunt is a sophomore at OHS. This is Hunt’s first year on the Magnet staff. She is involved in Student Council, Marching Band, and Tennis. Hunt is also very involved in her church. Outside of school...

Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends,...

82 °
    83 °
    83 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Jace Forcelle is a senior at Owatonna High School. Furthermore, this is his second year in Magnet. Independent of Magnet, Forcelle is a student school board representative for the Owatonna School Board...

Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that...

Chloe Gfrerer is a sophomore at OHS. It is her first year in Magnet. She decided to join to improve her journalism skills because she has an interest in journalism. She also got told that it is a great...

OHS Boys Golf chipping into sections

Senior+Ben+Buytaert+teeing+off+at+the+Owatonna+Country+Club.+
Jayden Omangi
Senior Ben Buytaert teeing off at the Owatonna Country Club.

With the Owatonna Boys Golf season coming to an end, the team looks forward to sections hoping for a great finish to the season. The Huskies have a current overall record of 16-17 with their team best so far being a 317. The Huskies were able to finish off their regular season strong with a seventh place finish in the Big 9 Conference final tournament. 

As the season has progressed the team has grown in many different ways. Head coach Mark Langlois said, “Our chipping and wedge play have really improved throughout the year. Also, I like how the boys are still hungry to continue to learn and get better at all areas of their game.”

Throughout the season the team has been focused on what they know they can accomplish. Langlois said, “After seeing how we have competed against the best teams in our section our team goal is to win our section. We will need two great days of team golf, but we are capable of firing some low scores at The Jewel.”

As the team continues to grow, many players are looking to make a big impact in sections. One of those players is senior Ben Buytaert. Buytaert said, “The team has been practicing a lot to prepare and be ready for sections.”

Over the season the Huskies have also been working hard on their putting game. Langlois said, “We have been working on a lot of putting. If we are going to shave any strokes off our scores we need to make more of our putts inside of 10 feet. Ball striking comes and goes from day to day, but improving our short game is what is going to make the difference.” The team looks to finish the year strong. 

The Huskies next meet is Tuesday, May 28  at The Jewel Golf Club in Lake City.  

About the Contributors
Jack Mottl
Jack Mottl, Writer
Jack Mottl is a junior at Owatonna High School. This will be his first year in Magnet. Mottl is involved in soccer and basketball. When Mottl is not in school you can find him hanging out with friends, playing video games, and spending time with his family. Mottl enjoys the outdoors a lot. He likes fishing, hiking and climbing. Mottl hopes to gain new skills in his writing and photography. Mottl joined Magnet because he thought it would be a fun experience and help improve his journalism skills. Mottl is excited for a good year of Magnet.
Jayden Omangi
Jayden Omangi, Photographer
Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!