84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

Norah Sletten is a senior at OHS and this is her third year on OHS Magnet staff. Sletten joined Magnet because she has an interest in journalism. Alongside being a part of OHS Magnet, Sletten is involved...

84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Lexie Klecker is a junior at Owatonna High School. This is her first year on OHS Magnet. Klecker joined Magnet to improve her writing skills and get more involved at OHS. She is involved in Basketball,...

Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

Hurdling the competition

Ella Highfield
Senior Pole Vaulter Oran Dowling goes up for an attempt at home track meet.

With spring sports coming to an end for the Owatonna school year, boys track looks to finish off a stellar season by sending many different events to state. The team finished second in Big 9 just a few points behind Mankato East. 

Head Coach Stelter said, “Our season has gone very well so far. We have been in some great meets and done very well.” They hope to continue this success in Sections while being led by the number one 4×200 relay in the state and a top five hurdler in the state, junior Seth Johnson. 

There are many high expectations for the Section meet. Stelter said, “We expect to have most of our kids make finals in their races and we expect to win the section.” Along with runners, the boys look to send three field events to state, triple jump, pole vault and shotput. 

The team has found a lot of success in the past sending many athletes to state. Senior captain Jacob Ginskey said, “Our goal is to send as many runners as possible to state, when preparing for sections the most important thing is to get the sleep and nutrition that your body needs”.

The Section meet is the most important of the year and the Huskies will look to have a big day and continue their season at the state meet. Ginskey said, “We are looking to send 6-8 runners to state along with field events.” The team has some very strong sports and the 4×200 will even look to compete for a state championship with runners consisting of Keanan Larson, Garrett Karsten, Luke Webber and Nolan Ginskey.

The Huskies compete at the section meet this Thursday, May 30 at Lakeville South high school.

About the Contributors
Owen Smith
Owen Smith, Writer
Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved in baseball, basketball, NHS, DECA, and BBBS. When he is not playing baseball and basketball Smith enjoys hanging out with his friends and spending time with his family. He is a really big sports fan and enjoys watching all the Minnesota sports teams. Smith is looking forward to his first year in Magnet and learning more about the student body and becoming a better writer. 
Ella Highfield
Ella Highfield, Editor
Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving Minds. Highfield joined Magnet because she took journalism as a sophomore and really enjoyed being apart of Magnet last year. Her future plans include going to a college for cosmetology school, and afterward becoming a hairstylist.