83 °
    84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°
Magnet staffer 2023-24
Mariah Cuellar
Social Media Editor

Mariah Cuellar is a senior at OHS, this is her second year on Magnet staff. Cuellar will continue running the social media for Magnet this year. Cuellar is a part of the OHS cheerleading team and cheers...

Aurora Sim is a junior this year at OHS, and this is her first year on Magnet. Aurora enjoys writing, reading, and dancing. Outside of school she is in Just For Kix dance studio and The Studio in Kasson....

Magnet Staffer 2023-2024
Jayden Omangi
Photographer

Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca,...

83 °
    84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Jace Forcelle is a senior at Owatonna High School. Furthermore, this is his second year in Magnet. Independent of Magnet, Forcelle is a student school board representative for the Owatonna School Board...

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

Victoria Contreras is a senior at OHS this year. This is her first year joining Magnet. Contreras joined Magnet because she is interested in bettering her writing and social media skills. She hopes that...

Girls lacrosse wins Big 9 and finishes the season strong

Jayden Omangi
Junior Jada Johannsen carries the ball down the field.

The Owatonna Girls Lacrosse has had an amazing season. The season is finally wrapping up and coming to an end. The lacrosse team’s regular season record was 11-2, and the section record being 11-3.They have had a very successful season with also achieving the Big 9 title. They have been putting in so much work getting prepared for sections. Unfortunately in the first round of sections the team lost to Farmington on May 28. The team is led by captains Britta Henderson, Halle Oldefendt, Madie Mcginn and Ellery Blacker. These captains have played a huge role for this season.

The girls have been having a positive season, with a lot of great wins. Senior captain Henderson said, “My favorite part about the season is our team and how we all get along together and make practice fun.” This has helped the team culture and made a more positive environment. 

The captains have such a huge impact on the team’s success. Junior captain Blacker said, “Being a captain is being a leader on and off the field. I want to support everyone on the team, help each other grow, and build a strong community.” The captains were the team’s leaders and the ones pushing each other to be the best they can all season long. Junior captain Blacker has advice for the upcoming girls and says, “My advice would be to keep going. It’s hard to try new things, but be confident and work hard to get better.”

The team will take the field again next spring. 

Jayden Omangi
Jayden Omangi, Photographer
Jayden Omangi is a senior at OHS this year. This will be Omangi’s second year in Magnet. He came back because he enjoyed his first year as a writer and photographer. Omangi is involved in Soccer, Deca, and Yearbook. Omangi enjoys playing Fortnite with his duo partner Jackson DeGrood. Omangi is planning on attending college after high school and is still undecided on his major. Omangi looks forward to another great year in Magnet!