Press Release Photo

Bernie Sanders

Bernie Sanders

Political Party: Democrat

Syrian Refugee Crisis: According to CNN, Sanders said, “People are leaving Iraq; they’re leaving Syria with just the clothes on their backs. The world has got to respond. The United States should be part of the response.” He also said, “I believe strongly the United States, the U.K., France, other countries should be supportive. But I disagree that the United States should have combat troops in that area. I fear very much that we will be in perpetual warfare in that region. I do not want to see that occur.”

Education: Sanders wants to make college tuition free and debt free for everybody, cut student loan interest rates, pay for college by imposing a tax on wall street speculators, make college debt free by allowing students to use need-based financial aid and work study programs and stop the federal government from making a profit on student loans, according to his official political website.

Planned Parenthood/Women’s Rights: According to his website, Sanders stated, “We are not going to allow the extreme right-wing to defund Planned Parenthood; we are going to expand it. Planned Parenthood provides vital healthcare services for millions of women who rely on its clinics every year for affordable, quality health care services including cancer prevention, STI and HIV testing and general primary health care services.”

Gun Control: After the mass shooting at an Oregon community college, Sanders said, according to Huffington Post, “The president is right. Condolences are not enough. We’ve got to do something … We need sensible gun control legislation.” He also supports banning assault weapons and closing loopholes that allow for gun violence.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in