Chocolate Kiss Powder Cookies: 8

Ingredients

• One sheet pie crust that makes a 9-inch pie, thawed (I used Trader Joe’s; homemade may be substituted)
  • About 15 chocolate kisses (Mini Peanut Butter Cups or Rolos may be substituted)
  • About 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, for dredging

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
  2. Place pie crust on a lightly floured surface and using a pizza wheel, slice into approximately 16 sections, about 2-inch squares. Because the crust is likely a circle, if you make 4 rows of 4, a couple sections may be a bit skimpy so take crust from two skimpy sections and smoosh it together to make a section big enough to contain a Kiss. This is not an exact science, it’s okay if not all sections are exactly the same size.
  3. Place one chocolate kiss in the center of each section.
  4. Using your fingertips, seal the dough at the top to fully contain the kiss. Pat smooth with your palms and flatten slightly into a mound. Place mound on prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining crust sections and kisses until gone.
  5. Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes, or until crust is just set and done; puffs firm up as they cool. The tops will appear fairly pale while the undersides will be more golden; don’t overbake or the undersides could burn. Watch puffs closely starting at about 13 minutes since all ovens and ingredients vary.
  6. Allow puffs to cool on baking tray for about 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle before dredging each puff liberally in confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately. Puffs will keep airtight for up to 1 week at room temp or in the freezer for up to 4 months.

Recipe can be found at www.averiecooks.com

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in