Cranberry Christmas Cake: 7 (Gluten free option!)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour *
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
* Gluten Free Substitution:
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum – See more info here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Spread in a buttered 9×13 pan. (This pan is my favorite!)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. (I baked mine for 43 minutes.)
- Let cool completely before cutting into small slices. I cut mine into fairly small pieces, about 1″x2″, so that they could be easily eaten at a party. Enjoy!
Recipe can be found at www.barefeetinthekitchen.com