Episodes I-III

December 17, 2015

Star_Wars for LukeThe newest Star Wars trilogy was released as a prequel to the original trilogy. The movies released in the order of; The Phantom Menace in 1999, Attack of the Clones in 2002, and Revenge of the Sith in 2005. This trilogy shares many of the same concepts as the previous, however, they only share a handful of the same characters. The characters featured in both trilogies are; Obi-Won Kenobi, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Yoda and Emperor Palpatine. In this trilogy, Kenobi was played by a younger actor, Ewan McGregor.

The Phantom Menace introduces viewers to a seasoned Jedi knight, Qui-Gon Jinn, and his young apprentice, Kenobi. They are assigned to resolve the problem of the Trade Federation cutting off all routes to the planet of Naboo. When on Naboo, Darth Sidious attempts to kill them by launching an attack on Naboo. The two Jedis rescue Amidala and flee to the planet of Tatooine. While on Tatooine, they encounter a nine year old Anakin Skywalker, who is currently working as a slave. Jinn is quick to come to the conclusion that Skywalker is the chosen one, the person who is supposed to bring balance back to the force.

Attack of the Clones is set ten years after The Phantom Menace and features an outstandingly skilled Kenobi with his powerful apprentice, Skywalker. Skywalker is well on his way to fulfilling the prophecy of being the chosen one when Kenobi and him become occupied with tracking down the bounty hunter, Boba Fett. While on one of their tracking missions, Kenobi is captured, and when Skywalker and Palpatine attempt to save him, they fall into a trap made by the Separatists. This mission led to the unveiling of the clone troopers.

Revenge of the Sith is set only two years after Attack of the Clones. Kenobi and Skywalker have a seemingly unbreakable bond as they fight side by side against the Separatists. This dynamic duo saves Palpatine and Skywalker beheads Count Dooku, the Separatist leader, on the Emperor’s order. This creates a point of friction between Kenobi and Skywalker and slowly causes their relationship to turn into a heated rivalry. After alliances shift, Skywalker pledges his allegiance to Sidious (Emperor Palpatine) and turns on his fellow Jedi knights. The movie ends in an intense duel between Kenobi and Skywalker on the planet of Mustafar.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in