The season for giving

Katie Skalicky, Staff Writer

The holiday season is now in full swing! If you still haven’t bought holiday gifts for the special people in your life, don’t worry- we’ve got you covered. Whether you need a gift for your parents or for your best friend, we have gift ideas for you!

For parents:
It’s not very fair that you have to provide a Christmas list for your parents, but they don’t have to give you one. Parents have done a lot for us this past year, so they deserve an amazing gift; however, do you really have the budget for that? Here are some affordable gift ideas that are still available during this holiday season:

• Buy a simple picture frame and put a family picture in it
  • For the seniors: put a senior picture in a frame for their desk at work
  • Coffee thermos
  • Gift card to their favorite restaurant or coffee shop
  • Gift certificate for a manicure and/or pedicure
  • T-shirt or sweatshirt of their favorite sports team
  • Pay for the Netflix subscription- ex: 1-4 months
  • Bake holiday treats

For siblings:
Even though your sibling(s) get enough presents, your parents are still making you buy them a present. Siblings can be very judgemental and will tell you that they love it or hate it, which means this one has to be good.

Sister:

• Barbies
  • Movies you can enjoy together
  • I-Tunes gift card
  • Starbucks gift card
  • Favorite artists’ new album- One Direction and Justin Bieber just released new albums!

Brother:

• Movie tickets for THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE THAT JUST CAME OUT!!
  • Any set of Legos
  • I-Tunes gift card
  • Sports team apparel

For college students:
College students are thought to be the hardest to buy holiday gifts for, however, they are pretty easy to shop for.

• MONEY-They are broke.
  • Gas gift cards for driving back to college
  • Their college’s apparel
  • Slippers for the dorm room
  • “Sick Package”-(Consists of: cough syrup, cough drops, Kleenex, tea and honey)

New Boyfriend or Girlfriend:
If you’ve just found yourself in a new, blossoming relationship, it’s always hard to buy your girlfriend or boyfriend a gift. You don’t want to spend too much, but you also don’t want to offend them by spending too little. The key you should focus on is what you can do together.

• Movie tickets
  • Take your boyfriend/girlfriend ice skating and go to Starbucks for hot cocoa
  • Baking holiday treats together- Check out Not your grandma’s cookies
  • Video games
  • Chocolate- Remember your local businesses- Costas
  • Tie blanket

Remember that they will appreciate whatever you give them. Another place you could also give to is charity. Whether it’s your time or money, places like the Salvation Army, food shelf and Clothes Line appreciate all the help they can get. Also, remember that the holiday season is not only about receiving and giving gifts, but spending time with the people you love the most.