Snow Week Preview

2016+Snow+Week+King+and+Queen+Candidates.+%0AQueen+L-R%3A+Zoie+Pena%2C+Cheyenne+Krampitz%2C+Jayce+Bogen%2C+Millie+Wanous+and+Grace+Pyatt.+King+L-R%3A+Reed+Tucker%2C+Ghoutham+Manokar%2C+Jackson+Anderson%2C+Matt+Reinhard+and+Colton+Heilman.++

Katie Skalicky

2016 Snow Week King and Queen Candidates. Queen L-R: Zoie Pena, Cheyenne Krampitz, Jayce Bogen, Millie Wanous and Grace Pyatt. King L-R: Reed Tucker, Ghoutham Manokar, Jackson Anderson, Matt Reinhard and Colton Heilman.

This morning Top 5 candidates for  King and Queen were announced in the OHS gym for Snow Week 2016. Student Council members have planned a week full of dress up days and activities after school and this year’s theme is ‘’We got the Beat!’’.

Next Friday, Jan. 29 there will be a Snow Week kickoff Pepfest, and the Top 5  King & Queen candidates will perform their skits in the gym from 9:20 to 9:50 a.m. The following Friday, Feb. 5 at 9:20 a.m. in the OHS gym, will be the Snow Week Coronation Pepfest.

During the week of Feb. 1 to Feb. 5 students can take part in dress up days and planned events put on by the Student Council. Monday, Feb. 1 is “Pajama Day”, and that night is Volleyball Extravaganza in the gym at 8:00 p.m., admission is a $1 donation to the Lily Sparrow House. On Tuesday, Feb. 2 students can take part in ‘’International Day’’ a day to dress in your nation’s colors. Wednesday. Feb. 3 is “Country Day”, dress up in western clothes. Thursday, Feb. 4 is ‘’Rock Day’’ a day to dress up as a rockstar. Friday, Feb. 5 is ‘’Neon/Techno’’ day, dress in your bright neon colors and wear them to the blacklight dance that night starting at 9:00 p.m. until midnight in the lower cafeteria.

To get into the dance you must have your student ID and $5. OHS Student Council has planned music and activities during lunch during Snow Week.