The scoop on OHS Boys Lacrosse

Mitch+Weise+passing+for+the+Huskies+

Matt Summer

Mitch Weise passing for the Huskies

Nate Deason, Writer

The grass is green, the air is warm and the season is young for the Owatonna High School Boy’s Lacrosse Team. With much of the season left, the opportunities remain endless for the Huskies. Junior captain, Logan Ringhoffer, comments his expectations for the team. Ringhoffer said, “This year I have really noticed a huge incline in team effort. This team is close, and I feel like as a team our goal is to have a winning bracket, but as well we want to mature and prove that to the community. By the end of the year, I see the team bonding well and that having a strong outcome across the board as well as the field.” Currently sitting at a 1-2 record, OHS Boy’s Lacrosse is looking to improve in the Big Nine. Junior captain RJ Kniefel said, “We need to get better and build confidence.”

Throughout the program, something is to be said about their numbers. With 57 in all, spread out over three teams, lacrosse is becoming one of OHS’s biggest programs. With an influx with newcomers and young talent to the program, the future is bright for this team. Head coach Scott Seykora said “I just want them to improve every game. We have a lot of sophomores starting on varsity this year, with the first three games I’m pleased on how they’re playing. I see the improvement already and hope we can make a little run in sections.” Good luck to the team as they travel to Duluth East high school tomorrow, go Huskies!